• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another one bites the dust (NHS IT Project)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sal View Post
    USA comes to mind, if you are US citizen, even if you have dual citizenship, you owe US income tax regardless of country of residence. Even if you live and work in a tax haven for years, uncle Sam wants his share.
    Which is why quite a few renounce said citizenship. It's an unconventional approach though - only two countries in the world work like this (the other one is Eritrea).
    On the plus side, the IRS doesn't use time machines to change laws retrospectively.
    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
      Which is why quite a few renounce said citizenship. It's an unconventional approach though - only two countries in the world work like this (the other one is Eritrea).
      On the plus side, the IRS doesn't use time machines to change laws retrospectively.
      That's the biggie. That said, the IR35 tests have been a sham and have, and surely you have to admit this, been abused by many - too many have simply declared themselves outside on the needle-in-a-haystack principle in terms of being happy to take their chances.

It's definitely not a one-way street though; HMRC are responsible, the contractors are responsible but the others who are responsible, who are getting away with everything, are the clients. In many cases they are using contractors simply to avoid business NICs, HR red tape and all the related employment paperwork.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Semtex View Post
        Sorry son you don't know anything about my Contracting history going back to 1999.

This is yet another of your I am better than you posts. boring..

offer advice rather than bigging yourself up.
        Newbie alert...

Sorry, had to chuckle, my contracting history goes back to 1992, but with a brief permie interlude the following year. Didn't like it.
        Doesn't make me any better or wiser than anyone else, but it's fun to stir the pot now and again...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          So, you don't understand how to spell c*ck either
          No but I can spell tw*t

Comment

Working...
          X