• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A few Questions.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Besides the fact that you are totally inside you mean? :
    Where do you get that from?

Comment

Originally posted by notahappybunny View Post
      Where do you get that from?
      The fact you think you've got a line manager.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The fact you think you've got a line manager.
        Wrong phrase then sorry, the person that I directly liaise with on behalf of the Trust.

Comment

Wrong phrase then sorry, the person that I directly liaise with on behalf of the Trust.
          I might being pedantic but if you can't think like a contractor/business then how can expect to be treated like one. No amount of tests/contracts/WPs can save you if you have a permie mentality.

Comment

I might being pedantic but if you can't think like a contractor/business then how can expect to be treated like one. No amount of tests/contracts/WPs can save you if you have a permie mentality.
            Bit harsh on a newbie on the forum I think but thanks for the critique anyway....if it comes down to the subtle use of words then quite honestly I shan't bother to ask for advice again.... sorry to have troubled you.

Comment

Bit harsh on a newbie on the forum I think but thanks for the critique anyway....if it comes down to the subtle use of words then quite honestly I shan't bother to ask for advice again.... sorry to have troubled you.
              NLUK has a valid point, just expressed in a very gruff way.
              https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Newbie to forum but not a newbie contractor I'd guess?

No trouble snowflake. Always happy to help.

Comment

Newbie to forum but not a newbie contractor I'd guess?

No trouble snowflake. Always happy to help.
                  Ah bless you sweetie....stay well won't you.

Bye everybody and thanks to those that actually try to help other in a polite manner.

Comment

It's the sort of mentality that can get you caught though; saying manager is one thing - it generally means hiring manager or client manager - but line manager infers line management and permiedom.

You'll have realised that NLUK is a grumpy pedant but has the best intentions to educate - that's why he's in IT and not teaching. He has all the bedside manners of Sweeney Todd.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X