• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Staying in the same public sector contract after April 2017

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
    I've heard that their blanket decision wasn't what some of the other government departments wanted to hear. Lets see what happens.
    I can understand that. I can also understand why TfL will keep to it...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

This is really already turning out to be a lot more fun, earlier, than previously expected
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

The advantages of delegated authority ! [emoji1]

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          This is really already turning out to be a lot more fun, earlier, than previously expected
          I can confirm the market for Commercial Directors who understand this is heating up
          https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

I had a chat yesterday, a disappointing chat actually, with an agency would said they they had resigned to the fact that rates will drop and everyone will be inside ir35. Basically no fight in them. So after explaining that there will follow a mass exodus of skills out of the public sector he replied "yeah that's just the way it will be, they'll bounce along the bottom with zero skills".

Comment

So they are expecting rates to drop also...So a reduced starting point and a higher percentage lost to tax. Who exactly do they think will be signing up for this one?
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Exactly, this agent had no fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
                  So they are expecting rates to drop also...So a reduced starting point and a higher percentage lost to tax. Who exactly do they think will be signing up for this one?
                  Where did rates dropping coming in to it? The contractors income is going to change but I didn't see anything that said rates as a whole were going to change? This shouldn't have any impact on the rate cards the agencies use should it?
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

TfL

Not surprised to hear TfL announcement that they are banning PSC's from Feb, so either full PAYE, umbrella or leave. I left a while back and warned loads of people about the off-payroll rules, looks like the chickens have come home to roost!

Comment

Staying in the same public sector contract after April 2017

Rates drop to bring into line with permies salaries (pro rated). Employee benefits notwithstanding.

Comment

Working...
                      X