• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Staying in the same public sector contract after April 2017

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    What on earth are you talking about?

As I said earlier, you really shouldn't be getting involved scaremongering colleagues with so little detail. Just get your head down and get out early to pick the juicy gig's and leave them to it.
    What you might call a fiscal risk assessment is not scaremongering. Complacency is not advisable in the current climate.

Comment

Originally posted by neil99 View Post
      What you might call a fiscal risk assessment is not scaremongering. Complacency is not advisable in the current climate.

Still, at least the advice is worth what they paid you for it
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Exactly how much do you owe to HMRC thanks to your ill advised use of a tax avoidance scheme?
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Exactly how much do you owe to HMRC thanks to your ill advised use of a tax avoidance scheme?
          I settled with HMRC and paid my whack. Happy?

Comment

I settled with HMRC and paid my whack. Happy?
            Thanks for confirming my suspicion.

Comment

Thanks for confirming my suspicion.
              I'm surprised it took so long for you to work out.

There's no need to be smug and sneer at those who are now in dispute with HMRC.

It might happen to you one day.

Comment

Uncalled for.
                Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
                  Uncalled for.
                  No... I knew exactly what this busybody was up to and thought I would ask the question so that others understood the background....

If it is uncalled for I'm sure a mod will tell me... Somehow I doubt they will....

Comment

If it is uncalled for I'm sure a mod will tell me... Somehow I doubt they will....
                    Mods are to enforce forum rules, not judge the decency of posts (or lacktherof).
                    But given that kicking fellow contractors (preferably when down) is CUK'ers favourite game, not sure why I bother...
                    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
                      Mods are to enforce forum rules, not judge the decency of posts (or lacktherof).
                      But given that kicking fellow contractors (preferably when down) is CUK'ers favourite game, not sure why I bother...
                      I'd you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X