• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Enquiry Letters for Choice Premier / Berwick Associates/ Runnymede Services

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Specsgalore View Post
    the user 'mjkberwickexposed' no longer exists, so perhaps that's what it's all connected with as he did make some strong statements?
    The user name is actually 'berwickmjkexposed' and it does still exist. However, his/her post like everyone else's for weeks back has disappeared without explanation. I too will happily provide the Administrator with facts if asked, like the mid-2011 promotional 'press releases' produced by the accountant (not CP) that told us the Berwick scheme was all fully legit and set out all the benefits. For some strange reason though, there was absolutely zero mention of risks? It's interesting that only yesterday HMRC published a paper making it clear that, from December 2010 onwards, through Budget statements and official information releases it was really starting to clamp down on the use of 'disguised remuneration' schemes and, in particular, the use of loans as a replacement for remuneration. The Berwick scheme, for those who don't know or can't remember, was formed in early-2011.......

In answer to previous postings on the subject of making complaints to regulators, here are links you may find useful:

https://www.icaew.com/-/media/corpor...018.ashx?la=en (for ICAEW)

Guidance for the Public | The Taxation Disciplinary Board (for CIoT)
    Last edited by Centrick; 15 March 2019, 00:56.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
      Several posts have been removed from this thread while we investigate any facts behind them.
      More than 2 weeks since a number of posts were removed and still no explanation? Any chance of an update from the mod or admin?

Comment

Contact with Kerridge etc

Not wanting to put my head in the lions mouth - but has anyone heard from Kerridge since early this year. It seems that I along with a lot of other people have given him thousands of pounds to defend schemes that he had a hand in advising on and now he seems to have gone awol. He's not answering his phone and his companies are no longer at their registered addresses.

Comment

Originally posted by Concernedlc View Post
          Not wanting to put my head in the lions mouth - but has anyone heard from Kerridge since early this year. It seems that I along with a lot of other people have given him thousands of pounds to defend schemes that he had a hand in advising on and now he seems to have gone awol. He's not answering his phone and his companies are no longer at their registered addresses.
          2 options

1. HMRC caved in, he won and you missed the update in your emails and you can sleep easy

2. He has done a runner

What is your money on ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
            2 options

1. HMRC caved in, he won and you missed the update in your emails and you can sleep easy

2. He has done a runner

What is your money on ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
            Unfortunately I'd say 2. I'm sure if he had won then there would have been another invoice in my inbox

Comment

Has anyone manage to speak to Mike Kerridge. I have tried calling and emailing but no response. HMRC deadline of 27 July is approaching fast. Are there any alternative for Berwick associates cases who could pursue the cases with HMRC. I am just worried that we gave so much money to Kerridge but he is not responding at the end.
              Anyone with any information or alternatives please help.

Comment

not sure if this is the time to switch to https://wttconsulting.co.uk/ as there is no response from Mike Kerridge. Someone could please advise

Comment

Originally posted by tasee70 View Post
                  Has anyone manage to speak to Mike Kerridge. I have tried calling and emailing but no response. HMRC deadline of 27 July is approaching fast. Are there any alternative for Berwick associates cases who could pursue the cases with HMRC. I am just worried that we gave so much money to Kerridge but he is not responding at the end.
                  Anyone with any information or alternatives please help.
                  Oh dear. Another scam? There has to be a book written one day about all this.
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

https://financeandtax.decisions.trib....aspx?id=11996

https://financeandtax.decisions.trib....aspx?id=11267

looks like HMRC are 2-0.

Comment

Working...
                    X