• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Consultative Document - marketed tax avoidance schemes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by convict View Post
    After reading that it's pretty clear they don't care what was said. It's written with such a definite slant of pro HMRC it's unbelievable. just look at the pretty pictures at the back - the supposed flow chart one; completely ignores the HMRC does not litigate/loses scenario. Other areas where tax is deemed to be tax even before any decision has been made. Proper spin there.

F.U. Gauke.
    Gauke is a crook and this government is a disgrace.

Comment

HMRC ADMITS LOSING 60% of VAT PENALTY CASES

Mod note

Bazinga!

Alba has outed himself as vulture.

Comment

Originally posted by LandRover View Post
        HMRC’s zeal over tax avoidance is harming investment in British film - Telegraph

"Political alarm bells should now be ringing as Parliament presides over an unprecedented transfer of power to HMRC, itself too often a watchword for incompetence. This agency of the state is being empowered not only to apply the law, but also to rewrite it.

The Government’s laudable aims both to encourage investment in industry and clamp down on aggressive tax avoidance and evasion should not be incompatible. Shamefully, HMRC is making them so. "

Written by Mark Field is MP for the Cities of London and Westminster
        I though this summed it up even better.....

"DOTAS was designed to promote openness and transparency in investors’ relationships with HMRC. It is now, in effect, introducing retrospective legislation with DOTAS declaration being used as a stick to beat legitimate investors who never planned to have the liquid assets to meet disputed liabilities."

That'll be most of us then

Comment

Originally posted by Alba View Post
          Advertising cack.
          And your post is appropriate and relevant how?

Mod note: Not relevant at all TD....

Comment

Finance Bill debate in Parliament

The Finance Bill is being debated in the House of Commons just now:

BBC Democracy Live - Finance (No.2) Bill

I counted 11 people on the Government benches - is this democracy in action?

Obviously, the House of Commons canteen is a bigger draw
            "No man in this country is under the smallest obligation, moral or other, so to arrange his legal relations to his business or to his property as to enable the Inland Revenue to put the largest possible shovel into his stores."

Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services v Ritchie v CIR CS 1929 14 TC 754, Lord Clyde.

Comment

Originally posted by Living life on the Edge View Post
              The Finance Bill is being debated in the House of Commons just now:

BBC Democracy Live - Finance (No.2) Bill

I counted 11 people on the Government benches - is this democracy in action?

Obviously, the House of Commons canteen is a bigger draw
              Well that was a complete waste of time.

Comment

Bernie Ecclestone accused of biggest ever personal tax dodge - Telegraph

Who is Bernie's lawyer !!?? I'd happily pay 0.5% of my alleged bill..

Comment

Originally posted by lfcynwa View Post
                  Bernie Ecclestone accused of biggest ever personal tax dodge - Telegraph

Who is Bernie's lawyer !!?? I'd happily pay 0.5% of my alleged bill..
                  It wasn't his money so he didn't owe any taxes on it. What he did owe has been paid.

If you want to jump up and down about something, how about the FCA ignoring Alexander's rules on key personnel not being paid as contractors and allowing their management to work through PSCs?
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Campaigning against accelerated payment legislation.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...gislation.html

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                      It wasn't his money so he didn't owe any taxes on it. What he did owe has been paid.

If you want to jump up and down about something, how about the FCA ignoring Alexander's rules on key personnel not being paid as contractors and allowing their management to work through PSCs?
                      Jeez it just a little light hearted banter.. So his wife earnt the money did she?

Comment

Working...
                      X