• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edge EBT thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else getting 2012 Self Assessment letter?

Hi - I already have a fistful of APNs and received this love note from HMRC on Friday with an attached SA100 form.

It reads:

'About the enclosed Self Assessment tax return for the year ended 5 April 2012
    We have been in consultation with our colleagues at HMRC Counter Avoidance. We believe that you may have participated in a tax avoidance scheme. You may have received money which was described as a loan or advance on which you have not paid tax. You should consider including those amounts in the return as your income. If you choose not to declare this as income then enter details of the amounts received in the relevant white space box.
    If we do not receive your overdue tax return I will arrange to issue a determination. A determination is our estimate of how much tax you owe for that year. The legislation that allows me to do this is Section 28C of the Taxes Management Act 1970. You have no right of appeal against a determination.'

It seems the only choices are:
    1. Ignore it. You get the determination and you roll the dice and take the chances with what HMRC 'guess' you owe. Other?
    2. Fill in loan details and wait for a demand?
    3. Other?

Comment

More on APN ...

I've paid two APNs with third pending outcome from a representation. it seemed way out demanding 165k. i only received circa 30k loan payment that given tax year. joke business !

Comment

Michelle Booth

Hi,

Is Michelle Booth still around and is she still willing to help in any capacity? If so (or if not as the case might be) does anyone have current contact details for her?

I notice that Mapatui, Edge and now Redstone are now dissolved as a companies, am I correct in thinking that our friends from Edge are now under the guise of Bedouin?

Comment

Originally posted by Radge View Post
          Hi,

Is Michelle Booth still around and is she still willing to help in any capacity? If so (or if not as the case might be) does anyone have current contact details for her?

I notice that Mapatui, Edge and now Redstone are now dissolved as a companies, am I correct in thinking that our friends from Edge are now under the guise of Bedouin?
          Our friends from edge are in Panama laughing at us

Comment

Originally posted by Dylan View Post
            Our friends from edge are in Panama laughing at us
            any idea how to contact them?

Comment

Originally posted by Radge View Post
              any idea how to contact them?
              They went to Panama for a reason. They will offer you no help even if you could contact them, what is in it for them?

Comment

Originally posted by IPMAN View Post
                I've paid two APNs with third pending outcome from a representation. it seemed way out demanding 165k. i only received circa 30k loan payment that given tax year. joke business !
                hm replied and accepted the APN was out by circa 150k, revised figure to be released in due course.

150k only.

Comment

Originally posted by IPMAN View Post
                  hm replied and accepted the APN was out by circa 150k, revised figure to be released in due course.
                  150k only.
                  Hey IPMAN,
                  Drop Ken Frost a line / comment.
                  He wants to hear HMRC calculation stories from the frontline http://tinyurl.com/p8wpxym
                  Last edited by DotasScandal; 4 September 2015, 10:12.
                  Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

CLSO Revised Figure

received revised figure this morning, apparently I asked for it ...

anyway its 135k less than the original figure, and there's something in there about IHT which i can't be bothered with reading right now !

Comment

CLSO

Accepted the settlement finally. Had enquiries open for 3 years.
                      Received a notice to pay for Enquiry Settlement.
                      Putting it behind and moving on.....

Comment

Working...
                      X