• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edge EBT thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discovery Assessent

Does declaring info under the P11D on a return filed on time constitute Careless or deliberate behaviour of the tax payer

Comment

Originally posted by gettingangry View Post
      Has Redstone done a runner now as well??

https://opencorporates.com/companies/im/125375C

...... bit more research - looks like they dissolved but then formed a new company on 11/09/2014 - all very suspicious

Company Type New Manx Vehicle
      Company Number 011526V
      Company Name REDSTONE SERVICES LIMITED

I spoke with Michelle this week and asked her about this post which she was not aware of. She is not aware of any change and said its business as usual.

Comment

P11D etc

hi

I joined this forum a while back, have also received the July 'settlement' letter and worked for Edge intermittently until 2010.

I have sent email to the group mentioned on the front page of this thread today - is it still active, does anyone know?

Also, in trying to work out how much was received in loans, is it reliable to simply refer to the P11D that was issued each year, does anyone know?

thanks in advance - what a stress!!

Comment

no reply from HMRC

Originally posted by NLSE1 View Post
          hi

I joined this forum a while back, have also received the July 'settlement' letter and worked for Edge intermittently until 2010.

I have sent email to the group mentioned on the front page of this thread today - is it still active, does anyone know?

Also, in trying to work out how much was received in loans, is it reliable to simply refer to the P11D that was issued each year, does anyone know?

thanks in advance - what a stress!!
          I sent my acceptance to HMRC on Nov 10th, agreeing to their figures and asking them to complete the process ASAP so I can avoid further stress. Guess what? After over 3 weeks I have had NO REPLY, NO ACKNOWLEDGEMENT, and to make it worse NO response to 3 requests for them to ring me to tell me what's happening.
          Has anybody else had this dreadful service ?

Comment

Three weeks is nothing, I've been waiting almost nine for them to confirm what they think I owe...

Comment

Originally posted by trev88 View Post
              I sent my acceptance to HMRC on Nov 10th, agreeing to their figures and asking them to complete the process ASAP so I can avoid further stress. Guess what? After over 3 weeks I have had NO REPLY, NO ACKNOWLEDGEMENT, and to make it worse NO response to 3 requests for them to ring me to tell me what's happening.
              Has anybody else had this dreadful service ?
              AMAZING....I have just had an en email from HMRC that they will be ringing me this morning. Is this the power of adding a note on this forum ?
              I wonder how they will explain the lack of acknowledgement ? No doubt '..we have so many cases to deal with....' but that does NOT justify a zero ack.

Comment

After settling stop reading these forums. Imagine the stress when HMRC will lose in courts but one would have already paid!

Comment

decision to settle

Originally posted by StrengthInNumbers View Post
                  After settling stop reading these forums. Imagine the stress when HMRC will lose in courts but one would have already paid!
                  Mine is a comparatively small bill. Settling now removes the stress of waiting months/years to know.
                  I which you all luck in your quest, but you could still get stung with your own costs if you lose.
                  I duly got my call from HMRC yesterday.. She highlighted the possibility of IHT on top of the Tax and Interest. That is currently under review by 'the highest court in the land'. That seemingly is what has delayed HMRC completing my case and taking my hard-earned assets.
                  Bye.

Comment

Originally posted by trev88 View Post
                    Mine is a comparatively small bill. Settling now removes the stress of waiting months/years to know.
                    I which you all luck in your quest, but you could still get stung with your own costs if you lose.
                    I duly got my call from HMRC yesterday.. She highlighted the possibility of IHT on top of the Tax and Interest. That is currently under review by 'the highest court in the land'. That seemingly is what has delayed HMRC completing my case and taking my hard-earned assets.
                    Bye.
                    Well that's just nonsense. IHT will either apply or it won't, and applies on a scheme by scheme basis - there is no 'the highest court in the land'. My accountant spoke to the IHT department who explained that the IHT depended on how the trust was constructed.

IHT actually muddies the water because it confuses HMRC argument that the loans were income against the application of IHT that recognises the trust based aspect of it all. It's a fairly tenuous house of cards.

Don't blame you settling though

Comment

As far as I know IHT also get affected if loans r being written off by the trust. HMRC is taking the money but loans are not being written off by the trustees. Tomorrow is trustees have to recall loans you will still be liable to pay back even when you have paid tax to HMRC and agreed to consider loans as non loans. Where is the party who loaned u in first place in this settlement?

I perfectly understand that paying off small liability removes the stress but no one wants another legal hassle because of this. It should've properly closed off.

As HMRC are lying (ask for proof of under review by highest court) and making as they go along, i would have paid the APN rather then settle. If settlement is what HMRC wants it has to be complete and all boxes ticked. Why should u still remain liable to trust loans even after paying tax? Promotors are companies and can have a short life and close down but trust generally stay around for much much longer.

Comment

Working...
                      X