• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edge EBT thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vern19 View Post
    That is strange. How long have banks had computers now? I suspect if HMRC were to ask them, they would be able to conjure something up
    There are legal requirements around data retention and how accurate the data is. Banks will only keep data for as long as legally required. I'm sure they would respond to HMRC, but I have been assured that the Bank (in my case) does not have records relating to transactions on my bank account over seven years.
    Thankfully I don't need the data for any EBT disaster

Comment

Greenbay Norla links

Originally posted by Bunnster View Post
      Hi,
      I was employed offshore by Norla Consulting, using Greenbay and Edge Consulting.

I think EBTs were administered by Tenon in IOM.

I received COP8 letters for 2005 and 2006 tax years (in 2007 and 2008 respectively). Nothing since. Norla informed me they were 'dealing' with the enquiry.

In July I received the Settlement Offer letter :-(

So firstly do I just declare any tax free loan income for those 2 tax years (only 2 tax years I was employed by these employers)?

Secondly, is there any group for those using Norla?

Thanks,

Bunnster

:-)
      I too was with Greenbay and Norla AND Tenon, but not with Edge as far as I know. Last week I got the detailed tax demand. I cannot possibly understand the workings of the scheme, too complex for my tiny mind!. I guess I just went in blindly, led by the tax benefits.
      HMRC certainly have the correct figures, and enclosed a copy of my Tax Return for 2004-5 (which tallies with my copy) and a copy of the 2009 investigation letter .
      As I was only with them for less than 3 months, I am paying up, to avoid any more stress, at 70 stress is to be avoided.
      I feel so sorry for those of you who have a lot to lose, and those poor souls feeling suicidal. HMRC will have blood on their hands before this sorry affair is out.

Comment

Originally posted by Talgarth View Post
        My understanding was that the amount of our loans was recorded on tax returns to calculate Benefit in kind tax. Why aren't HMRC using this to calculate what they think you owe them?
        They have taken my salary, x 4, and said that was my loan amount. They were about right, I accept their figure.

Comment

Hi

Has anyone got a copy of the letter that HMRC sent out (on at least 3 occasions as far as I can remember) saying that the scheme was being investigated. It was a generic letter about the scheme not a specific one relating to your own figures.

I'm sure I saw a copy on a thread on this forum - but can't remember where it was and searching is throwing up too many results.

Comment

Another nervous Edge victim

Hi

Just joined the forum, as I'm an ex-Edge/Norla victim searching for guidance/support/hope

Please let me know if I should be joining other groups.

Thanks

Comment

Up to you whether you should be joining a group, but personally I'd recommend it. Check the first post of this thread for pointers.

Comment

Thanks PeterF, PMs duly sent.

Comment

Originally posted by gettingangry View Post
                  Hi

Has anyone got a copy of the letter that HMRC sent out (on at least 3 occasions as far as I can remember) saying that the scheme was being investigated. It was a generic letter about the scheme not a specific one relating to your own figures.

I'm sure I saw a copy on a thread on this forum - but can't remember where it was and searching is throwing up too many results.
                  I have one, how do I attach it on here ? Give me your email address.

Comment

Originally posted by trev88 View Post
                    I have one, how do I attach it on here ? Give me your email address.
                    Thanks Trev

I've just sent you a private message with my email address

Comment

Redstone Edge - Edge Redstone

Has Redstone done a runner now as well??

https://opencorporates.com/companies/im/125375C

...... bit more research - looks like they dissolved but then formed a new company on 11/09/2014 - all very suspicious

Company Type New Manx Vehicle
                      Company Number 011526V
                      Company Name REDSTONE SERVICES LIMITED
                      Last edited by gettingangry; 14 November 2014, 20:34.

Comment

Working...
                      X