• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edge EBT thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

---22/07/2013 - 17:24---

No news from HMRC in post or phone, tried phoning the self assessment helpline but after 20 minutes on hold gave up. Spoke with the HMRC payment line who informed me their the appeal has been accepted and no debt management is active. They also confirmed I would receive no correspondence regarding interest etc until the appeal had come to a close.

Now to wait for the official letter of appeal receipt and wait....

---26/07/2013 - 18:30---

Received letter acknowledging the appeal and awaiting appeal action from HMRC.
    Last edited by fielder; 5 September 2013, 18:27.

Comment

So what's the consensus as regards the HMRC demands then?

Is everybody just sitting tight waiting for the next round of communications?

Has anybody else read:
      Why most EBTs haven't had to pay HMRC - yet

Comment

Rangers Upper Tax Tribunal Hearing

Hi,

Not sure how much relevance it has as it was only to outline the direction the appeal would take from what I've read, but as this was scheduled for the 19th July, 2013 in Edinburgh, does anyone know of the outcome?

Thanks,

EssexBoy

Comment

Round 2?

Hello all,

I've noticed today that a large amount has appeared as owing in my HMRC self-service portal. This is showing up as relating to the 2009/10 tax year. 2008/09 is still showing as 'Currently suspended on appeal'

No letter has arrived yet, but I'm guessing it's on its way.

Anyone else in the same boat?

GS

Comment

Originally posted by GoneSouth View Post
            Hello all,

I've noticed today that a large amount has appeared as owing in my HMRC self-service portal. This is showing up as relating to the 2009/10 tax year. 2008/09 is still showing as 'Currently suspended on appeal'

No letter has arrived yet, but I'm guessing it's on its way.

Anyone else in the same boat?

GS

Yes, I just got mine for Cherrylon. It appeared online on the 6th Nov, letter arrived 14th.

Comment

I received second demand in the last few days.

i have also noticed that contact at edge no longer exists on email. assume something has changed there

not followed this for a while but i guess im now back in the game with latest letters

can anyone give me an update via PM on what the lastest is?

Comment

Another Letter received for 2009\2010 Tax year

Hi All,

Back in march I had received the same letter for tax year 2008\2009 and i sent of the appeal letter Edge provided me.
                Last week i received another letter from HMRC, but this time relating it to tax year 2009\2010. Has anyone else received a letter for this tax year. Should i send the same appeal letter to HMRC.

In tax year 2009\2010, i only worked via Edge from April 2009 till September 2009, and they are trying to tell me i owe them tax till April 2010. I opened my own limited company for which the tax has always been paid.

Has anyone received a letter from HMRC for 2009\2010 recently? Also is Micelle Booth from Redstone still helping people (use to be Edge). I tried to contact her, but was told she wasnt in the office today.

Any help would be appreciated as am worried.

Comment

HMRC 2009/2010 Letter!!!

Hi

I've also received my 2009/2010 letter, my exposure is only for 2 months work rather than a full year but I'm still going to appeal and intend to use the same appeal letter with dates etc changed. What I'm wandering is what do HMRC have to do to squash our appeals for 2008/2009 and now 2009/2010 and finally make us pay or will they just stay as appealled forever in my HMRC account?

Comment

Originally posted by EdgeSter View Post
                    Hi

I've also received my 2009/2010 letter, my exposure is only for 2 months work rather than a full year but I'm still going to appeal and intend to use the same appeal letter with dates etc changed. What I'm wandering is what do HMRC have to do to squash our appeals for 2008/2009 and now 2009/2010 and finally make us pay or will they just stay as appealled forever in my HMRC account?
                    I guess more threatening letters will arrive, at which point we either pay up, wait for the court orders and Bayliffs to arrive at the door or apply for a hearing at a First Tier Tribunal. I have no idea what the legal costs would be (I'm guessing considerable). Obviously at some point soon you will need professional representation.

Comment

HMRC 2009/2010 Letter!!!

Originally posted by vern19 View Post
                      I guess more threatening letters will arrive, at which point we either pay up, wait for the court orders and Bayliffs to arrive at the door or apply for a hearing at a First Tier Tribunal. I have no idea what the legal costs would be (I'm guessing considerable). Obviously at some point soon you will need professional representation.
                      I'm guessing that some people have made arrangements to pay the debt rather than appeal there 2008/2009 return. Has anyone found a debt management company that acts as a middle man to get a manageable repayment plan?

The Dandy had been trying to get a group of people together so we could split the cost of representation. Maybe when people have there second letter hit the door mat they'll get in touch with him so we can get the ball rolling as a group!!! rather than people hoping that this is just going to go away... cuz its not...

Comment

Working...
                      X