• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edge EBT thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another one

Got a 09/10 outstanding tax bill, for tax liable on EBT's for Edge.

So I can send the appeal letter, but has anyone actually had any joy, or is this all just a holding pattern?

Comment

Originally posted by mrwibble View Post
      Got a 09/10 outstanding tax bill, for tax liable on EBT's for Edge.

So I can send the appeal letter, but has anyone actually had any joy, or is this all just a holding pattern?
      HMRC are waiting for the outcomes of a number of contractor Tribunals. If the taxpayer is successful, then they will probably appeal and take it to the upper tier Tribunal like in the Rangers case. If HMRC win then they will move to enforce payment via Court orders, baylifs etc. They will have the weight of the law on their side. Alternatively the tax payer can appeal and go to upper tier but we are then into serious legal fees. Let's hope we win in FTT but HMRC will probably try a different angle/legal argument. Maybe a voluntary settlement would then be in order. This will probably go on for years

Comment

Settlement?

Thanks for that, so it looks like Settlement is probably the only long term option to help me sleep at night, the real question is how much?

Does anyone have any practical knowledge of this? Or is paying the full amount the only option?

Comment

Demand for 2009-10

Received my demand for FY 2009-10 and am nervous about Edge closing up shop - especially as they were the ones that were adamant that I should appeal the demand for 2008-09!

I'm definitely interested in joining the group. Can someone explain how I go about it? There's talk about access to PM? What does that mean?

Thanks for any help.

Steve

Comment

Thanks for that, so it looks like Settlement is probably the only long term option to help me sleep at night, the real question is how much?

Does anyone have any practical knowledge of this? Or is paying the full amount the only option?
            I believe there was a settlement opportunity for EBT users where you pay the tax and the interest and HMRC would waive the penalties and not then chase for NI. But i was told that HMRC have taken that option off the table as they now feel they can get recover everything.

Who knows how this will pan out? I suspect they will offer another settlement if we can win some of the Tribunals. The important thing to do now is appeal. HMRC would love you to pay up now. They will then feel confident about the NI portion.

Comment

I also received the letter for 2009/2010 today.
              More aggressive than and dated 12 days a go.

Could mod please give me pm rights?

Comment

Received letter (9/10) and requested PM rights.

Who should i approach regarding the group representation?

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by manlypeeps View Post
                  Received my demand for FY 2009-10 and am nervous about Edge closing up shop - especially as they were the ones that were adamant that I should appeal the demand for 2008-09!

I'm definitely interested in joining the group. Can someone explain how I go about it? There's talk about access to PM? What does that mean?

Thanks for any help.

Steve
                  PM -> private message
                  See Ealrier Post

Comment

PM -> private message
                    See Ealrier Post
                    The last time thedandy had any activity on this site was a few months back.

Comment

Could the administrator grant me the PM rights please, I'd like to join the representative group too.

thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X