• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edge EBT thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

APN received, then retracted

I'm in the 2009-2010 camp and I got my APN in the post a couple of week ago, then this week I got a letter saying the APN had been sent in error. Has anyone else had that experience?

Comment

Hi, I'm also a new member and received an APN letter a few days ago for tax years 09, 10 and 11 for the time I was with Norla. Can you please provide me with PM rights? Thanks

Comment

Can anyone with a (correct) APN give us an idea of how much it's for? Not absolute figures obviously, but perhaps as a fraction of the total loans taken out over the period?

This would help get an idea of how much they will demand, given a particular loan amount.

With all the talk of interest, IHT, NI etc, I'm completely in the dark, and I think it would help other new folk to the scene.

Comment

Originally posted by WorriedContractor View Post
          Hi, I'm also a new member and received an APN letter a few days ago for tax years 09, 10 and 11 for the time I was with Norla. Can you please provide me with PM rights? Thanks
          Requested.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

APN Withdrawn

Originally posted by cap View Post
            I'm in the 2009-2010 camp and I got my APN in the post a couple of week ago, then this week I got a letter saying the APN had been sent in error. Has anyone else had that experience?
            A number of my clients have had APNs withdrawn by HMRC but generally these have been replaced with an APN for a different figure (usually lower)

Comment

Non financial consequences of a ruling

Hello,

I recently also received notice that I would receive an accelerated payment notice. I enquired to HMRC about settlement and was told that the APN notice is in the post and that I cannot settle.
              If I pay the amount required in the APN and don't represent myself and have a ruling against me, other than having to pay are there any other consequences? Will I appear on some type of black list of have some adverse credit rating issues? Thanks in advance for any responses.

Comment

EDGE APN

Hi can someone tell me how to get in contact with Dandy? i have an impending APN for use of EDGE scheme in 2011. Can I join up with the tribunal team?

Comment

Originally posted by WorriedContractor View Post
                  Done!

Comment

I wonder if someone could answer some idiot level questions for me?

I used Edge for a total of 6 months across the years ending 2008 and ending 2009. I've received an APN for the year ending April 2009. It is for only about £500.

If I pay that, does everything to do with Edge all go away? Is that the end of it?

It also says I can "settle my tax affairs" if I want. What's the different between that and paying the APN??

Many thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by BernardOKelly View Post
                      A number of my clients have had APNs withdrawn by HMRC but generally these have been replaced with an APN for a different figure (usually lower)
                      There have been instances of a partner payment notice (PPN) being issued and subsequently withdrawn to be replaced with an APN.
                      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Working...
                      X