• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edge EBT thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC Fund

Hi, I am also in the HMRC Edge EBT position. I would be more than happy to join in the fund as a group.

How do I go about this and who is looking after it?

Cheers

Originally posted by nigelu View Post
    Like others, I am also an ex-Edge employee and have received another HMRC Notice of Assessment for 09/10. Seems like Michelle Booth at Edge are no more which are what others are finding, very convenient!

I interested in contributing to the fund. Also, whats the best appeal letter to use as there are quite a few around.

Admin: Can you please assign me PM rights please

<admin note>Done!</admin note>

Comment

Originally posted by ebtedge View Post
      Hi TheDandy, I recollect that you have done some ground work when the 2008/09 letters were posted out, and I think this needs a collective decision before we start PMing Saleos. What is your take on this?
      http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...ml#post1716558

Comment

Help with EBT Enquiry!

I'm a new to this site and looking for some help.

I'm an ex-Edge member and received a notice for 2008/2009 that is currently suspended (after an appeal).

On this forum, many members are talking about 'group representation'.

Can someone please direct me to such a group as I'm interested please!

Comment

Individual v Group

Originally posted by K12AN View Post
          Am I right in saying that the HMRC are pursuing all former Edge employees individually, but the first Edge user to be taken to appeal etc will be the 'test case' for the rest of us....so the outcome of this test case will be of great interest to all of us.

Is the purpose for the 'Group action' to ensure that this individuals test case is well prepared and well-funded?
          Or is the purpose to request to HMRC that those in the group be taken as 'one case' - which may or may not be the first/test case?

If HMRC were to lose this test case, I can't imagine them then pursuing others who were on the same provider - as this would also likely prove to be fruitless, expensive and embarrassing.
          Ref the earlier post by ScottW - there was an implication that each decision is more or less subjective, this then destroys the concept of a test case

Comment

Another ex employee here, can I be granted PM rights please?

Also, is there a copy of the short version of the appeal letter, the only copy I have is the long version from Michelle.

Thanks

Comment

Found the short version here: http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...ml#post1705090

Is that considered more appropriate than the longer version now?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Updates

Hello all, I have updated the first post in this thread to reflect the current state of play.

I have included links to PM individuals whom are potentially organising group representation.

Please check this post regularly for updates.

Comment

Edge

Hi Could you assign me PM rights please - thanks

Comment

Michelle no longer at Edge? Or Edge is now closed?

Hi all, I have just received a further letter from HMRC for 09/10 which includes the outstanding balance from the 08/09 case. I tried emailing Michelle at Edge but the email has failed to be delivered. I have tried calling the company but the numbers don't seem to work. Does anyone know if they are no longer trading? Also, I read there is a group representation being set up for ex-Edge employees, is that the case and if so I would like to join. Could someone provide details on how I sign up please?

Many thanks

MARC

Comment

Originally posted by GoneSouth View Post
                      Hello all, I have updated the first post in this thread to reflect the current state of play.

I have included links to PM individuals whom are potentially organising group representation.

Please check this post regularly for updates.
                      Would it not be possible if all the individuals whom are potentially organising group representation, to merge so we all come under one represented group action, I think this would be the best position to be in for all parties?
                      Thoughts / Comments?

Comment

Working...
                      X