• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edge EBT thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    I'm keeping out of these threads at the moment but its worth adding an explanation to the bit in bold above for those who arrive here without the recent background.

For those who don't know APN (Accelerated Payment Notices) were introduced in this year's budget. The argument is that HMRC would like to hold the disputed money while it is disputed rather than the taxpayer keeping it.

As such you cannot appeal an APN as your dispute remains ongoing HMRC are (merely) asking for the money now so they can hold it for you until the dispute is resolved.
    Based on your earlier comments, I think it would be better if you stayed out of these threads all together. These threads are for people who have been involved in the schemes not rubberneckers

Comment

Originally posted by davedavis View Post
      Based on your earlier comments, I think it would be better if you stayed out of these threads all together. These threads are for people who have been involved in the schemes not rubberneckers
      You are not the mod for these forums davedavis. eek's post was purely factual.

If you have issues with the facts, then you are welcome to say so.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Thanks for comments / information. I am trying to read and inform myself LastManStanding. I had been told that the case had been closed so I thought it had gone away and did not need to do anything else . It was such a long time back now, and I am trying to catch up and understand the situation so all I was hoping for was some pointers to get started.

Comment

Originally posted by ImFedUP View Post
          Thanks for comments / information. I am trying to read and inform myself LastManStanding. I had been told that the case had been closed so I thought it had gone away and did not need to do anything else . It was such a long time back now, and I am trying to catch up and understand the situation so all I was hoping for was some pointers to get started.
          Understood. I was in the same situation 18 months ago. These forums contain a wealth of information. I suggest you start with the sticky threads, I have pretty much read all of them front to back.

Everyone's situation is slightly different (liability amount / current financial position etc), so what may be the best approach for one may not apply to the next.

Hopefully by getting an all round picture of the situation you can determine the best course of action for yourself.

Comment

.. anyways so whats the deal with this 'settlement opportunity'

so what we talking here... 50% of the so called 'liability' ?

has anyone called up hmrc and asked the question?, and is there scope for negotiation?

i've never been in a situation like this, which is probably the same for most i'd imagine.

Comment

100% of the income tax liability + interest

Comment

Professional advice

Anyone wanting professional advice regarding HMRC's latest "Settlement Opportunity", Accelerated Payment Notices, Boyle, or any other issues relating to their former employment with Edge Consulting is welcome to join the group of taxpayers I am representing.

For full details of my service and expertise please email me directly at matthall @ saleosconsultancy.co.uk

Comment

The two main professional representations seem to be via Saleos, as posted above, plus the group initially contactable via The Dandy. As per the first post in this thread:

If you have any desire to pursue group representation please

Request PM (private message) access if you don't already have it. You can post a request or contact the admins via this page: http://forums.contractoruk.com/sendmessage.php

PM TheDandy here: http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...=newpm&u=39502
                  PM Saleos here: http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...=newpm&u=41765

then make a decision if you have interest in one or both of the groups and if you are willing to foot the likely costs and advise the organiser(s) accordingly

Simply posting a desire to join a group will not achieve anything.

Comment

Has anyone managed to speak to Edge today to get their advice?

Comment

Edge stopped existing some time ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X