• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edge EBT thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Settlement Figure

Hi

Has anyone applied for a settlement figure using the D03 form?

Question is, what years are they expecting us to list and will they provide a sum based exactly on what you enter?

If you have, I'd be interested to know how quickly they come back with a figure.

Don't really expect to settle but a ball-park figure on how much they are expecting would allow us to start making deciions

Comment

i rang them.....

and they told me I had to tell them what my loan values were...so my case goes back to 2006 -2007.. they refused to divulge whatever they have on file about my loan.
      they suggested i give them bank statements from this period!!
      yeh right
      1) i don't have them
      2) Nat west on;y go 7 seven yrs back and every day i lose another days statement....as the clock ticks and legal they only have to keep 7 years records .. this is a major issue

since my enquiry in 2008 i have heard nothing... and now i have a settlement letter? settle what exactly? they dont trust edge's value and i cannot get to a true value because i cannot get bank statements legally for this period

stalemate...

they will not accept edges figure s in my case i have to provide them with the figures.. BS they have the figures - they are out of time for DA - a discovery assessment is fine for people prior to 2008
      basically for us with letters and f**k all else
      frankly this is ridculous.. 8 years later... and after 8 years they have earned intrest on what ever i owe - ther eis a case for negligence...

its blatent profiteering .. send 1 letter and 8 years worth of intrest finally decide they want the tax and intrest ...
      it is so unfair - fantastic investment if you can get it
      we all enetered this scheme in good faith tax law at the time - it was legal
      if you have entered a scheme since legislation its your own fault but we were all duped - this retrospective legislation is totally unfair
      HMRC - you need to draw a line under this that is actually achievable???? after 8 years there is no obligation to keep records even my bank doesn't keep records

now what ??????

Comment

Originally posted by edgy about edge View Post
        and they told me I had to tell them what my loan values were...so my case goes back to 2006 -2007.. they refused to divulge whatever they have on file about my loan.
        they suggested i give them bank statements from this period!!
        yeh right
        1) i don't have them
        2) Nat west on;y go 7 seven yrs back and every day i lose another days statement....as the clock ticks and legal they only have to keep 7 years records .. this is a major issue

since my enquiry in 2008 i have heard nothing... and now i have a settlement letter? settle what exactly? they dont trust edge's value and i cannot get to a true value because i cannot get bank statements legally for this period

stalemate...

they will not accept edges figure s in my case i have to provide them with the figures.. BS they have the figures - they are out of time for DA - a discovery assessment is fine for people prior to 2008
        basically for us with letters and f**k all else
        frankly this is ridculous.. 8 years later... and after 8 years they have earned intrest on what ever i owe - ther eis a case for negligence...

its blatent profiteering .. send 1 letter and 8 years worth of intrest finally decide they want the tax and intrest ...
        it is so unfair - fantastic investment if you can get it
        we all enetered this scheme in good faith tax law at the time - it was legal
        if you have entered a scheme since legislation its your own fault but we were all duped - this retrospective legislation is totally unfair
        HMRC - you need to draw a line under this that is actually achievable???? after 8 years there is no obligation to keep records even my bank doesn't keep records

now what ??????
        They probably don't have the figures.....

Comment

I wouldn't be so sure. If I was a betting man I'd put money on Edge having handed over the info before they split and left us to it.

Comment

PM access

Hello -Please can you grant me PM access? Thanks

Comment

PM Access

Hi, Can you please provide me PM access. Thanks.

Comment

The Settlement

Got my Settlement request letter from Counter Avoidance yesterday. I was with Norla/Edge some years ago but left it in 2005/6 and then left the UK for good in 2006/7. Never heard a thing from HMRC about Norla/Edge until this week, so was more than a little surprised to get this ransom letter. Anybody else in a similar situation?

Comment

Fishing

Originally posted by alienated View Post
                  Got my Settlement request letter from Counter Avoidance yesterday. I was with Norla/Edge some years ago but left it in 2005/6 and then left the UK for good in 2006/7. Never heard a thing from HMRC about Norla/Edge until this week, so was more than a little surprised to get this ransom letter. Anybody else in a similar situation?
                  Very interesting. Have you received a Discovery Assessment at any point? In theory they won't issue you with an APN unless there is an open enquiry - and they are timed bared from doing that (realistically up to 6 years)
                  Perhaps they are fishing?

Comment

Originally posted by alienated View Post
                    I would check with HMRC to see if you have an open enquiry. It may be that the letter they sent never reached you, and if so, wouldn't have been posted until January 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by dezze View Post
                      I would check with HMRC to see if you have an open enquiry. It may be that the letter they sent never reached you, and if so, wouldn't have been posted until January 2008.
                      Or check your online self assessment a/c

Comment

Working...
                      X