• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC enquiries for Talent Resource Management (TRM) / Cherrylon / Trentburg Schemes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trentburg

I'm in the same boat. It's a shocking amount! Highly overestimated. Dont have it to pay. What are people doing?

Originally posted by convict View Post
    Maybe lodge an appeal and move the excess amount that is in credit into a CTD? HM Revenue & Customs: The Certificate of Tax Deposit scheme

Or just pay it and write the money off?

Your call really, only you can decide how much the 3k means to you.

Comment

Trentburg

I am in the exact same boat. (Can't find a way to PM...)
      Originally posted by Computer View Post
      Got a very big bill for my time at Trentburg. Assessments for 2009-10 and 2010-11 there last week. Anyone else in the same boat? Pls PM me!
      <admin note>PM enabled</admin note>

Comment

Hi all,

Just a note to say all who have requested PM access in this thread have had this enabled on their account. If you need PM access and don't want to post then create an account and then use the contact form in the footer (http://forums.contractoruk.com/sendmessage.php) and I will update your account. We don't give PM access on new accounts due to the problems we have had with spammers etc.

Kind Regards

Admin

Comment

I have also just received a MASSIVE bill from HMRC for Trentburg for 09/10. The problem is, that I paid something for 10/11 earlier this year as it was only a small amount. They said to me that it was because a mistake had been made though, and not that I was doing anything they regarded as 'avoidance'. Hopefully this doesn't affect my ability to appeal.

So has anyone had any joy with that template letter?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkR View Post
            I have also just received a MASSIVE bill from HMRC for Trentburg for 09/10. The problem is, that I paid something for 10/11 earlier this year as it was only a small amount. They said to me that it was because a mistake had been made though, and not that I was doing anything they regarded as 'avoidance'. Hopefully this doesn't affect my ability to appeal.

So has anyone had any joy with that template letter?
            I am no expert and like you one of the contractors who used an scheme. I think you have done a big mistake by paying for a same scheme for another year. I think in technical terms accountants and tax lawyers refer to this "accepting liability". If you paid for one year than you have agreed with HMRC and it will apply to other years. I am just trying to help and am not an expert. Speak to a qualified account or tax lawyer.

Comment

Trentburg

I'm new on site/to this.......however, I have also recently received a MASSIVE bill from HMRC for Trentburg for 09/10. Would appreciate any help or advice.

Admin - Please grant PM access. Thanks.

<admin note>PM access granted.</admin note>

Comment

Trentburg and Raingold

I would be grateful to hear from anyone that has details about the Trentburg Scheme and/or a copy of Counsel's Opinion if it exists (although this may be covered a non-disclosure confidentiality agreement).

Comment

Trentburg

Same here, I got a huge bill for 09/10 which was also hugely overestimated. Would someone kindly help with launching an appeal. I have about 2 weeks to appeal.

Admin:- Kindly provide PM rights

Comment

FTT Decision

Presuming everyone has seen this thread

http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...chemes-62.html

Comment

Trentburg

Hi, I'm also new on the site and another contractor who has received a large and unfair bill from HMRC from my time at Trentburg. Would someone be kind enough to provide advise on what to do. I will be submitting my appeal letter tomorrow as there's no way I can afford to repay this either. Will try seek tax advice also, any recommendations out there? Many Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X