• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC enquiries for Talent Resource Management (TRM) / Cherrylon / Trentburg Schemes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by convict View Post
    It looks like they want your balls on a plate and they want you to provide the plate and do your own cutting.

Pay up? std loan schemes maybe (lots of variables though), but EBTs? definitely not.
    ...if, as per Rangers, you can prove the loan was repayable.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

With ToAA it does matter if it was loan or not. HMRC will not win based on ToAA but for now Boyle provided them good.

Comment

So got my letter saturday morning, finally got through to someone on the helpline to be advised I was being chased for 08/09 which I had already paid the settlement figure?

Im confused, did anyone get asked to settle for any other years other than 08/09 as most of the threads Ive looked at only mention this year?

Comment

My letter said upto April 2011, did yours?

Comment

Why did you already settle? Just wondering thanks

Comment

My Letter said up to 2011 as well but when I spoke to HRMC they couldnt supply me with any settlement figures for any other years and the only one they had listed was for 08/09 (Which I setlled cause it was a really small amount).

I have received no other communication from HRMC other than the setllement figure for 08/09 (last year) and this 2011 one. I find it really strange that they claim to know when I was using the scheme, say they know the ammounts paid out but cant supply me with a settlement figure. I have asked to be contacted with a settlement figure for what years they are chasing for so we will see what they have got I guess?

Comment

Originally posted by DMC777 View Post
                My Letter said up to 2011 as well but when I spoke to HRMC they couldnt supply me with any settlement figures for any other years and the only one they had listed was for 08/09 (Which I setlled cause it was a really small amount).

I have received no other communication from HRMC other than the setllement figure for 08/09 (last year) and this 2011 one. I find it really strange that they claim to know when I was using the scheme, say they know the ammounts paid out but cant supply me with a settlement figure. I have asked to be contacted with a settlement figure for what years they are chasing for so we will see what they have got I guess?
                Seems like HMRC have no records of what loan amounts are and clearly they have huge holes in their data. So the Settlement Letters are asking you to fill in the blanks for them?

If you fill in the form to give them schemes for years prior to 2011, then if you have an enquiry for just one year then aren't you giving them more information that might decide to claim tax on previously unknown years?
                http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

They asked me what I had been doing after 2011 in terms of tax avoidance when I rang them, I told them I have never avoided tax even from 08-11 as they haven't proved it yet so I would not be providing info!

Comment

Originally posted by LandRover View Post
                    Seems like HMRC have no records of what loan amounts are and clearly they have huge holes in their data. So the Settlement Letters are asking you to fill in the blanks for them?

If you fill in the form to give them schemes for years prior to 2011, then if you have an enquiry for just one year then aren't you giving them more information that might decide to claim tax on previously unknown years?
                    You mention a form that is used to provide details of years prior to 2011. Is this opened ended or from a specific year?

I suppose if other years of scheme usage haven't been enquired on, it will be down to the discovery rules that HMRC (at least try) to apply. If the 6 year applies, I understand that any year up to April 2008 that wasn't enquired on is now in the clear. If they try and apply the 20 year, then I would assume it's basically everything. In that case and there are multiple non enquired years, going for settlement would be a pretty bad option (if it wasn't already).

Comment

Open form

Comment

Working...
                      X