• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AM Limited COP8 HMRC Investigation Letter..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by austint View Post
    If I settle, it means a life-change, i.e. the house. Bitter and stupid is how I feel...
    That is the other issue though, settling still isn't closure. They still state they can come back for more !!!
    STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Originally posted by regron View Post
      That is the other issue though, settling still isn't closure. They still state they can come back for more !!!
      This.
      And on a side note....it's pointless feeling stupid and angry at oneself. It is misdirected anger. Hindisght is always 20/20.

You nor I nor anyone else here has broken any law, nor had the background to perform accurate risk assessment 10 years ago.
      It is HM's services that are acting like gangsters with the toys that Gauke tricked MPs into giving them.

Bitterness is completely understandable, but anger should be directed towards the above parties, not ourselves.
      Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

News on JR ?

Originally posted by jrock View Post
        Any news on the AML JR application?
        Agreed, anyone heard any news on JR or at least a timeframe ? I have 3 days to start paying my APN (which I can't afford to pay anyway)

Comment

Originally posted by tennisguy View Post
          Agreed, anyone heard any news on JR or at least a timeframe ? I have 3 days to start paying my APN (which I can't afford to pay anyway)
          If you have not already, CONTACT HMRC to agree a payment plan.

Don't just do nothing.
          Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by austint View Post
            In exactly the same boat as you, for just about the same amount of time, and feel exactly the same. Two possible paths, imho: wait and see what JR result turns out to be, and settle if it all goes south. If I settle, it means a life-change, i.e. the house. Bitter and stupid is how I feel...
            APN is a signpost along the way on the journey, not a crossroads nor a destination.

JR may work (I confess that I'm a doubter) but if not, although it's a major financial headache, it's one that with careful management and communication can be overcome.

Losing the JR is irrelevant in terms of agreeing a final position. Win or lose, you need to agree that.

Settlement is one option. Don't lose it by not applying BEFORE TUESDAY 30th JUNE.

It's natural to feel bitter. You feel that some smooth talking salesman has made money at your expense and worse, you've been fooled. That is entirely the wrong way to think about this.

The salesman knew no more than you about the scheme. He learnt his script and polished hos delivery and fooled a lot of people. His cut of your fees was minimal. The real money went to the designers and providers and a simple search will reveal those.

Does it matter anyway? No. You would need deep pockets indeed to recover those fees that you and THOUSANDS of others paid.

Take control. Examine your options - litigation, negotiation, settlement. Take a reasoned judgement and stay strong.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
              APN is a signpost along the way on the journey, not a crossroads nor a destination.

JR may work (I confess that I'm a doubter) but if not, although it's a major financial headache, it's one that with careful management and communication can be overcome.

Losing the JR is irrelevant in terms of agreeing a final position. Win or lose, you need to agree that.

Settlement is one option. Don't lose it by not applying BEFORE TUESDAY 30th JUNE.

It's natural to feel bitter. You feel that some smooth talking salesman has made money at your expense and worse, you've been fooled. That is entirely the wrong way to think about this.

The salesman knew no more than you about the scheme. He learnt his script and polished hos delivery and fooled a lot of people. His cut of your fees was minimal. The real money went to the designers and providers and a simple search will reveal those.

Does it matter anyway? No. You would need deep pockets indeed to recover those fees that you and THOUSANDS of others paid.

Take control. Examine your options - litigation, negotiation, settlement. Take a reasoned judgement and stay strong.
              I don't have any spare cash at all, not enough even for the fee for AML's JR scheme, plus I have no assets at all so I cannot even settle. Basically I'm screwed, scared and wonder what's going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by TheyCalledMeMrDennis View Post
                I don't have any spare cash at all, not enough even for the fee for AML's JR scheme, plus I have no assets at all so I cannot even settle. Basically I'm screwed, scared and wonder what's going to happen.
                Hi, if you have no assets then you have an option of Bankruptcy, it is 6yrs of having no credit, but it clears all your debts and draws a line in the sand. Seek advice CAB.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/de...oing-bankrupt/

HTH
                http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

Originally posted by LandRover View Post
                  Hi, if you have no assets then you have an option of Bankruptcy, it is 6yrs of having no credit, but it clears all your debts and draws a line in the sand. Seek advice CAB.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/de...oing-bankrupt/

HTH

I have been giving thought to that, the problem is that if I go bankrupt it will lead to the termination of my employment and make the majority of work unavailable. I'm 56, so it will likely mean that I'd be unemployed for a very long time. Contacted the CAB, they really did not know what to suggest.

Comment

I have been giving thought to that, the problem is that if I go bankrupt it will lead to the termination of my employment and make the majority of work unavailable. I'm 56, so it will likely mean that I'd be unemployed for a very long time. Contacted the CAB, they really did not know what to suggest.
                    Have you spoken to your MP? Does he know your situation?
                    MPs created this mess. Don't think twice about making it his / her problem.
                    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

PM me

(No, me neither).

Comment

Working...
                      X