• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions Anyone Else Having A Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bradbury and Co

I worked in the Partnership for almost three years, and left 2nd quarter this year to take a perm job and am about to go contacting again as the market continues to improve. I attended one of the Bradbury and Sunday's corporate events in Goodwood, meeting the Directors and staff; I’m shocked at the statements on this website as the people I talked to from Bradbury and Sunday were nothing more than "nice people", the last 24 months have been difficult for all companies and particularly the contract market, much has changed and many of my contracting friends remain out of contract and in a difficult financial state, I wonder if this is part of the problem here? I joined the Partnership having worked previously from a partnership structure offered by a company called Nolonger Limited, it was not particularly good on service and when you spoke to the accounts people it was clearly poorly trained staff who gave little if no advice, Bradbury did seem to be an improvement on this as I had no problems with my 07/08 accounts. I did go to Sunday with some knowledge of what a Partnership is and how the costs and expenses should be treated and on leaving the partnership I was aware it was to close, I have received my accounts (Monday) and it looks OK to me, I was hoping the 08/09 was going to be completed by Bradbury but that’s not the case, however, as I left and went into a Perm position my tax paid on account of 08/09 in January and July will mean, if anything, I get a refund in January 10 from HMRC. The funds in my Partnership account are to be paid to me during the first week of December. I will keep you posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladyboy View Post
      I worked in the Partnership for almost three years, and left 2nd quarter this year to take a perm job and am about to go contacting again as the market continues to improve. I attended one of the Bradbury and Sunday's corporate events in Goodwood, meeting the Directors and staff; I’m shocked at the statements on this website as the people I talked to from Bradbury and Sunday were nothing more than "nice people", the last 24 months have been difficult for all companies and particularly the contract market, much has changed and many of my contracting friends remain out of contract and in a difficult financial state, I wonder if this is part of the problem here? I joined the Partnership having worked previously from a partnership structure offered by a company called Nolonger Limited, it was not particularly good on service and when you spoke to the accounts people it was clearly poorly trained staff who gave little if no advice, Bradbury did seem to be an improvement on this as I had no problems with my 07/08 accounts. I did go to Sunday with some knowledge of what a Partnership is and how the costs and expenses should be treated and on leaving the partnership I was aware it was to close, I have received my accounts (Monday) and it looks OK to me, I was hoping the 08/09 was going to be completed by Bradbury but that’s not the case, however, as I left and went into a Perm position my tax paid on account of 08/09 in January and July will mean, if anything, I get a refund in January 10 from HMRC. The funds in my Partnership account are to be paid to me during the first week of December. I will keep you posted.

I am interested in your last sentence as that's the bit I am chasing up in respect to my beef with Bradbury. Who gave you that message? Have you spoken to anyone? How were you contacted in respect to your accounts received Monday? If you are one of the lucky few who is actually in contact with Bradbury could you possibly find out the address where I could send them some documents please?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Cheshire_cat View Post
        I was with Sunday for 7 months during 08/09 and was informed by (name removed) from Sunday Solutions that I would retain 67% of my gross income after ALL income tax, Class 4 National Insurance and all fees had been taken out and there were no joining or leaving fees.

The partnership accounts arrived in the post from Bradbury today. From what I can gather from the covering letter, Bradbury are not retaining any tax to pay across to HMRC and therefore expecting me to pay my own tax bill. Instead they are offering to pay me back £5k in undistrubted profits, the only problem is my tax bill will be double that!! The fees they are charging are astronomical - over £7k for the 7 months. Looks like I'll also be taking legal action. Is anyone else this badly off? and has anyone else had partnership accounts for Mackay Quinn?
        Exactly the same thing for me - it looks like they didn't even register me properly as self employed for 08/09 when I joined and I filled all the paerwork twice. I don't know what to do for the best as I can't afford to not get anything back from them with Jan 31st looming and I'll now need to arrange my own self assessment online. It's a disgrace and don't know how something so wrong could have happened. If there fee's/forecasts changed it should surely have been told to us I gave explicit instructions right from the outset I'd want to over reserve to cover HMRC bills. The money should have been safe and secure. Plus I have no idea what date should be entered for resignation from the partnership if indeed I already am or not? I don't want to enter anything that will make my situation worse........surely this is all fraud by deception?? It sounds like thousands of people are impacted too.
        Last edited by Contractor UK; 19 October 2010, 16:02.

Comment

Smyth Mobley

Has anyone in the partnership Smyth Mobley had their accounts yet?

Comment

Small Claims

I paid £108 to Canterbury County Court to issue a Small Claims against Bradbury & Co in September. I cc'd all of the paperwork to Andrew Nyiri at the Keysham adress by registered mail. It WAS signed for.
            Canterbury County Court found in my favour in October and have ordered Bradbury & Co to pay me the money which is owed to me - a little over 3k
            Chris Collins claimed to have handed over a scanned copy of the order to their legal department.
            I've heard nothing since and it seems that the only way to contact Bradbury & Co is via their website.
            This is supposed to improve efficiency although I've still heard nothing back. I am interested to know what happens if I agree to my accounts online.
            I had signed a final release letter which I thought was the last hurdle, but was told by Chris Collins that Andrew MacIntyre had identified a problem with my account - which one??
            Anybody on a similar trail??

Regards

Tom

Comment

Any feedback

I would be interested to hear if you get paid your outstanding money on the 27th.......I have also just agreed my accounts - just over 3k undistributed profits.

Tom

Originally posted by latemate View Post
              Further to my previous posts, I have since been online at Bradbury and agreed the accounts and today had an email confirming payment will be made on the 27th of this month. The email also noted that the partnership was owed monies by one of its partners? Who had only recently paid up? I’m reading between the lines here but as I was paid against my original forecast and partnership profits, I assume the Partner who owed monies, does so due to an incorrect distribution of Profits, which could I suspect impact on me as a partner if he/she had refused to repay? Happily it’s repaid, but I wonder what options I would have had if it had not been paid, and the impact on me?
              On another note I am hearing a number of consultants received accounts this last week?

Comment

Partnership details

I have checked all my documents as I keep scans of everything. My partnership is (edited by CUK) and I have a list of the partners. If any of the partners would like to contact me then please send me a PM. I will check you against the document and respond once I have confirmed you on my list.

FYI the monies held in escrow was held by Douglas Wurts. Douglas Wurts AND Bradbury & Co were the partnership accountants.

Douglas Wurts cannot be found via Google as far as I have tried.

I have had no response from Avon & somerset police as yet.

I have no intention of paying anyone to advise me, I have learnt my lesson from my involvement with Sunday.
                Last edited by Contractor UK; 20 November 2009, 16:40.

Comment

This is driving me NUTS

Dear contractors
                  Last week I was sent by another person involved a copy of a letter dated 6th November issued by Bradbury and Co Limited. Although they are based near or in Bristol only the Registered office was on it not the place they actually work- why ?
                  My accounts have not arrived.
                  Where are they?
                  Bradbury do not reply
                  that letter as some know already on here says that as Bradbury are in run down mode they 't be doing my tax return So they've won that because they've charged for that as well as everything else. They won't tell pepople what's in their charges so that's unfair too.
                  So Im not happy
                  I guess from what others are saying I could have a bigger tax bill than I expected. But if I dispute my statement when I get it from them I could foul it up because they threaten to take 3 to 6 months to sort out problems.

How do I get my tax money back and not let them off the hook?
                  Anybody had any success with getting hold of this team of bookkeepers?

I understood that Bradbury did not hold the money but they were associated with whoever did. It is wrong that they won't say who this is. They must know even if they've been told not to tell. my lawyer said that all of the partners ought to see the partnership bank statements. Have you ever seen one?

Has anyone ever seen the audited partnership accounts for their partnership that are meant to be prepared ? read the agreement.
                  Did anyone ever hear of a partnership meeting or attend one/ we all should have?
                  Bradbury were charging us for all of thisthey still are and won't answer.
                  This is dishonesty and not ethical.It is not what it said on the agreement and we just took it
                  In addition as a contractor why was there no interest being received on my retained money held for my taxes? My lawyer was surprised by that
                  You know what I hate most about this mess is that I know there is some miserable person or likely more than one who thinks that he has got away with this. I'm sure they did not mean to have people having nightmares and HMRC with bailiifs at the door like I was in May but they did cause it.

Can somebody help me?
                  what do I do ?
                  Last edited by Contractor UK; 1 December 2009, 10:03.

Comment

I am another victim. I left Sept.2008 after a 4 month period with Sunday Solutions.I approved accounts from Bradbury earlier this year and they had retained over £3000 for tax which was to be paid to me in July. Then the excuses arrived. Now I have the 6th Nov letter with completely different figures. The change is apparently due to costs based over a year and I am now due £200. Is this legal?
                    Anyone out there in the Fahnestock Spielman Partnership? Would like to know if any of you have got your retention paid or if you are going to hit the website 'approved' button. If all members do not what is the implication?

Comment

Response to Microtots'r'us

for my partnership, the party appointed to hold the monies was Douglas Wurts, address in Tyne and Wear.

the document I hold states that the monies are held by them in respect of my tax and NI.

PM me if you want details

Comment

Working...
                      X