• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions Anyone Else Having A Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

email

so did you get email contact prior to that? I haven't heard anything for two months... did you get them in the mail? what do they look like, what's the document for funds release like?

Comment

I wish I hadn't seen this forum

I too used Sunday Solutions and have tried to contact Bradbury every day for the last two weeks......"I'll pass your message on" is the answer each time and if you ask any questions "I really don't know, I'm just the receptionist" is the reply.

I was a partner of Hyatt Van Dyke within Sunday Solutions and to be honest, everything went pretty well last year. I ended up paying a late tax return myself but they sent me a cheque straight back in return. As I have not heard anything from the HMRC this year and being new to all this contractor lark, I wanted to make sure that Bradbury were submitting my tax return as they did last year. You know the rest........ two weeks of not returning calls and now after seeing this forum, I don't know what to do!

So add me to your list! I've just been on the phone to the HMRC and they lady on the phone told me that plenty of this type of thing is happening at the moment. I am a very fair man though and I will give Bradbury to the end of the week, as I have told them today, to get back to me. Then I'll start playing hard ball.

Comment

Anybody had any luck with solicitors ?

Like so many people on this thread I am owed money by Bradbury/SundaySolutions. I have tried getting my money back by getting a solicitor to write to the various entities. Not too surprisingly they have not replied. Has anybody got anywhere with legal action ? I don't want to throw good money after bad.

Moderator, can you enable private messaging for me ?

Comment

Still no accounts for 2008-9

I have tried without success to speak to Bradbury about my 2008-9 accounts and Tax they are holding with no luck.

How do I join this active group?

Is there a central contact for us to pursue together?

Should we be contacting Avon police in force?

Comment

Post?

Originally posted by Zotter View Post
            I received my partnership accounts this week as well as a release letter to confirm the final amount of profit share for distribution. Something is still happening in Bradbury. If anyone has made contact with the police already, please let me know so that we can all work through a single point of contact.
            So these documents, did you get them in the post? What did the release letter say and why do you still want the police if you have this paperwork? I haven't heard anything from them for well over 2 months...

Comment

Did not get anything in the post. Only received the the letter by e-mail.
              The letter was from the partnership, but sent by Bradbury.
              It is a letter confirming the final amount due to be paid out to you as profit share. It specifies that you thereby agree to the amount and will not challenge the amount in future and removes any confusion that it is the FINAL SETTLEMENT amount. Once you sign and return this letter, they claim they will distribute the money.
              They do not give a timeline in which they will distribute the money.
              They also do not provide any breakdown of the costs, which are significantly higher than expected.
              I think it gives you two options, either you sign it and swallow the loss, but take away any possibility of a future challenge on the costs, or you do not sign it and fight for the correct amount. In my case, I am to accept the amount, my tax liability will be about 25% higher than the amount they will distribute.

Comment

They also do not provide any breakdown of the costs, which are significantly higher than expected.
                I think it gives you two options, either you sign it and swallow the loss, but take away any possibility of a future challenge on the costs, or you do not sign it and fight for the correct amount. In my case, I am to accept the amount, my tax liability will be about 25% higher than the amount they will distribute.
                So, you got full and proper partnership accounts but no breakdown of their and Sunday's (I presume you were a Sundayer) costs. That is very worrying especially when you say that the funds retained are shy 25% - how badly have they miscalculated this?! Have you requested a breakdown of those costs or am I nuts in thinking that getting your accounts sent has opened up a line of communication with them?

Comment

Did not get anything in the post. Only received the the letter by e-mail.
                  The letter was from the partnership, but sent by Bradbury.
                  It is a letter confirming the final amount due to be paid out to you as profit share. It specifies that you thereby agree to the amount and will not challenge the amount in future and removes any confusion that it is the FINAL SETTLEMENT amount. Once you sign and return this letter, they claim they will distribute the money.
                  Its been two months now, since I received the final statement. Nothing happend. I also contacted Andrew MAcIntyre a month ago. Now his mobile and bradbury number all look like switched off.

Comment

I too have been pushing for a breakdown of these mysterious 'costs' for the last, well, year.

I too have been pressured to accept settlements, without seeing any details.

Despite the fact that I never saw partnership accounts for 07/08, much less 08/09, they submitted a tax return for 07/08 based on some ludicrous partnership "costs" which were much higher than what they were supposed to be.

So we're told we're partners in a partnership. Our tax liability depends on partnership costs which are never disclosed to us, and which are ridiculously high.

The story they've told me often is that they underestimated certain partners' tax liability forecast - and thus retained less tax provision than they should have done for those partners. That's how they explain the 'increased costs'. However, that story doesn't make any sense, whichever way you look at it. Why deduct money from other people's tax pots, whose forecasts were actually done correctly?

My opinion is that these 'costs' wouldn't hold up to much scrutiny under audit, hence the reason why they don't disclose them. It is one variable completely under their control. They could make up any number they like. Unless they can reconcile these costs to actual partnership expenses, and tally up the receipts, these costs are completely imaginary. In my opinion they'll never be able to reconcile them properly, because these 'costs' is just money that they've been stealing from us, bit by bit... into their pockets. Feathering their nests. Kind of like the MP expenses scandal... right?

We've all been stiffed...

Besides, we were all told from the outset that the Sunday Solutions fee percentage, whatever that was for you, would 'cover' all partnership costs, and also pay for their services. Why precisely have these 'costs' risen through the roof? Why must they take from our own 'client accounts', 'tax provision', or whatever they want to call it.

beh...

Comment

To Mark1971

Dude, if you've been reading this thread at all I wouldn't try to 'do the decent thing' and give them until the end of the week. Do it now...

The sooner you convince yourself about whats going on and the sooner you start 'playing hard ball', the more chances you'll have of getting any money back at all.

People have been playing hard ball with them for months now, reporting them to the police, to trading standards, to watchdog, to the press, etc the list goes on. To my knowledge some of these have recuperated some money, some more than others. But unless you've actually gone to the county court, or really pressured them in some other way, chances are they'll probably keep ignoring you and giving you false hope whilst HMRC chases you...

just my 2 cents...

Comment

Working...
                      X