• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions Anyone Else Having A Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For what it's worth

I run a Service Provider company, which has previously had consultants supplied to it by 'Sunday Solutions'. The commercials were drawn up between my company and Willow Meade (Willow Meade acting as Invoicing agents in terms of billing my co).

I have seen a copy of the LLP Agreement which the consultants I had were a party to. There is no mention of Sunday Solutions or Willow Meade in any of the small print, BUT Bradbury & Co (Stoke Gifford, Bristol) are clearly stated as the Managing Accountants. The Partnership Bank is Barclays, Stoke Gifford (I assume Bradbury Managed this). There is mention that the Accountant will maintain Capital Accounts for each Partnership member, and that a Management Fee will be deducted each month. Therefore it would seem in law there is connection made between each Partnership Member and Bradbury.

It would seem a certain Andrew John Nyiri, listed at Companies House as Director of Bradbury has a lot to answer for - specifically were are the funds appertaining to each members specifically retained for each members tax bills. You also need to be aware that the company has also applied to be dissolved (01/09/2009 at Companies House). Given that a lot of you here can consider yourselves to be 'Creditors' to Bradbury, it is imperative you write to companies house to stop the dissolution of this company.

A company cannot be dissolved whilst there are Creditors debts to settle. There remains the question of the outstanding Annual Accounts which Bradbury has yet to file with Companies House -which would give clarity to the Company Balance sheet. Either the Partners 'retained' tax funds are still inside Bradbury, or the funds have been moved elsewhere, contrary to LLP Partnership Agreement which you may ave signed up to. The LLP Partnership agreement and relationshi to Bradbury (the Managing Accountant) is key to establishing whether there is a case for the Authorities to undertake a criminal investigation into the Company. I really feel for those members on this board affected by this. In fact on of my close buddies is £10-£15k exposed. You owe it to yourselves to write to companies house to stop the dissolution of Bradbury, and follow up with your own CCJ actions against the Director of Bradbury, and also to consider informing the Authorities to undertake a criminal invstigation into this company..good luck schnizzle

Comment

great post schnizzle

any idea on what I need to include in my letter to companies house to stop the dissolution on Bradbury?

Comment

Legal Action

Hi all
        I am also one of the many who is struggling to get anything out of Bradbury.
        The most recent correspondance was my statement of accounts which I had to agree to before a release of funds letter needed to be signed. this was last week from someone called chris collins at bradburyandco.com.....last email I sent bounced.
        I have been struggling to get much out of them for the past 2 months as I am sure everyone else has.

I agree with the post about contacting companies house in the first instance to stop Bradbury disolving...but has anyone instigated legal action against Bradbury yet this could be done as a joint suit.
        I would be interested in joining any ongoing action or even instigating it, if nothing has been done yet.
        Mike

Comment

Further to snizzle's post ... just a thought .. maybe you could provide companies house with a link to this forum with brief explaination so they have a clear picture of how many people are affected (in case not everyone writes to them).

Comment

Same for me!

I am also in the same situation. July '09 tax instalment not paid.

Emails to Bradbury unanswered.

I thought these was a group in a similar situation organised by <name removed> <[email protected]> but I have no response from this email address either.

Any news?
            Last edited by Contractor UK; 28 October 2009, 10:31.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemloy View Post
              Hi all
              I am also one of the many who is struggling to get anything out of Bradbury.
              The most recent correspondance was my statement of accounts which I had to agree to before a release of funds letter needed to be signed. this was last week from someone called chris collins at bradburyandco.com.....last email I sent bounced.
              I have been struggling to get much out of them for the past 2 months as I am sure everyone else has.

I agree with the post about contacting companies house in the first instance to stop Bradbury disolving...but has anyone instigated legal action against Bradbury yet this could be done as a joint suit.
              I would be interested in joining any ongoing action or even instigating it, if nothing has been done yet.
              Mike
              Did you receive your Partnership Accounts by post?

I have heard that a few other people have received these. I think that this is a good sign, at least they seem still to be around. Getting our retained funds back is another issue.

Comment

Bradbury attempted to strike company off

To all those who wrote to companies house preventing the strike off action: well done! They've posted a notice saying that they've discontinued the 'strike off action':

"STRIKING OFF ACTION DISCONTINUED

Cause has been shown why the above company should not be struck off the register and accordingly the Registrar is taking no further action under section 652 of the Companies Act 1985 pursuant to the Notice dated 05/09/09"

Comment

Finally!

Months waiting lots of calls, and email sent, my situation is just one of total lack of confidence in Bradbury due to no contact, today my accounts came through, together with cover letter, I'm not happy but glad this is now coming to an end. (I hope!) it seems if I agree to the partnership accounts funds will be released... Ill keep you posted

Comment

I'm still getting communication too..

Heard from Chris Collins yesterday, stating that 'all accounts should be completed by the end of next week, but could take longer'.

I'm still making up my mind as to whether they're just stalling, or if it's legit.

In the mean time, I paid my debt (07/08) because I didn't want HMRC chasing me down or adding penalties.

Good luck guys - hopefully something good is happening behind the scenes.

Comment

Does anyone have Chris Collins contact details?? Or anyone who responds?

Its been over 4 months since I've heard anything from those cowboys.

Also, does anyone have a Schedule 2? I was 'conveniently' never sent one, and it should state the partnership address, as the contracts are written up in a way that the partnership 'owner' is responsible for releasing funds.

Also, is anyone in the Spenser Acheson partnership? Would be interesting to hear if you are in the same position as me, and if they are actually still trading. I left in April, and still owed £20k+, with £0 paid ever paid to the HMRC.

And final question - is anyone still in an active partnership - what happened when Sunday closed down - where you moved to Reed Umbrella, or this Von Essen Group? Both claim they are seperate legal entities to Sunday, even though Reed Umbrellas previous name was Sunday Solution (on Companies House).

That Bradbury messaging service is a joke - they actually pause whilst pretending to see if the person is available, then tell you they're not - and they're not even based in the same office/building!! Its been outsourced to some team who put messages into a system, which are then never replied to. And even more cunningly, the system 'doesn't allow them to check what number or email address these numbers are sent to'!

And finally - one bit of 'good' news (clutching at straws) is I checked with Companies House on Bradbury & Co, and they are still active and didn't ever apply to be struck off.

Comment

Working...
                      X