• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions Anyone Else Having A Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Titanic - I called Companies House a week ago and they said no strike off applications had taken place. I've since called them back and found out that there was an application for strike off - forced by Companies House, because accounts hadn't been filled.

Rhines - you mentioned there was a contact in CID, Bristol- please could you post the fax number on here, as this would be a very useful link.

This matter definately needs police consultation. Communicating solely with Bradbury / Sunday will just end up going round in circles.

On a seperate note, Bradbury now have a CCJ against them.

Also - Anyone have andrew nyr*ri's home address? I suspect it will be in the Bristol area - and may prove useful information, as I'm often in the area for work.

Comment

Benni2000,

I can give you Andrew N's home address but you will need to send me a PM otherwise it will likely be removed.

Comment

Originally posted by Titanic View Post
        I too have been pushing for a breakdown of these mysterious 'costs' for the last, well, year.

I too have been pressured to accept settlements, without seeing any details.

Despite the fact that I never saw partnership accounts for 07/08, much less 08/09, they submitted a tax return for 07/08 based on some ludicrous partnership "costs" which were much higher than what they were supposed to be.

So we're told we're partners in a partnership. Our tax liability depends on partnership costs which are never disclosed to us, and which are ridiculously high.

The story they've told me often is that they underestimated certain partners' tax liability forecast - and thus retained less tax provision than they should have done for those partners. That's how they explain the 'increased costs'. However, that story doesn't make any sense, whichever way you look at it. Why deduct money from other people's tax pots, whose forecasts were actually done correctly?

My opinion is that these 'costs' wouldn't hold up to much scrutiny under audit, hence the reason why they don't disclose them. It is one variable completely under their control. They could make up any number they like. Unless they can reconcile these costs to actual partnership expenses, and tally up the receipts, these costs are completely imaginary. In my opinion they'll never be able to reconcile them properly, because these 'costs' is just money that they've been stealing from us, bit by bit... into their pockets. Feathering their nests. Kind of like the MP expenses scandal... right?

We've all been stiffed...

Besides, we were all told from the outset that the Sunday Solutions fee percentage, whatever that was for you, would 'cover' all partnership costs, and also pay for their services. Why precisely have these 'costs' risen through the roof? Why must they take from our own 'client accounts', 'tax provision', or whatever they want to call it.

beh...
        Please, please, please take my advice.

Before you start complaining to HMRC, pushing for legal action or running to the police, learn what you signed up for in the first place.

If you want to complain about the school bully, you need to know who they are and what they've done. 223 posts and 9 months of talk, yet half of you STILL know either.

Maybe ganging up in the hope someone else knows what they are talking about is the best option, but it looks like to me the blind are leading the blind!

Titanic is one example, but it's by far not the only.

Comment

Dear Fleming Laing client,

I am writing to you to discuss the status of your 2008-09 self-assessment. Under your previous arrangements with Sunday Solutions, your partnership was provided with accountancy support by Bradbury & Co Ltd. This support would have extended to the preparation and submission of your individual self-assessment tax return.

In recent months, the Fleming Laing management team has become increasingly concerned with the performance of Bradbury & Co and their ability to adequately support those of our clients that were previously clients of Sunday/Bradbury. As you are no doubt aware, the 2008-09 self assessments are due on 31st January 2010, at which point we would like all of our clients who were previously using Sunday to be in the position to file a completed self-assessment, accurately and on time. We will therefore be offering each of those clients the option of engaging an alternative, chartered accountancy firm to facilitate the completion of their 2008-09 self-assessment, at no extra cost, for their partnership earned income.

If you have not already, you will shortly be receiving your partnership accounts for 2008-09 from Bradbury & Co. These will breakdown your ingoings/outgoings from the partnership and calculate your tax liability for 2008-09. If you have not yet provided Bradbury with full details of your business expenses/assets, please note that this liability may not be 100% accurate.

In order for us to retrieve the necessary information from Bradbury & Co to pass to our accountants we will need your legal authority. Please complete the attached e-mail template and send it back to me to initiate this process. If you have any outstanding expense receipts, asset details or other information that relates to your 2008-09 tax position, please send it to us at:

Fleming Laing

Department 120

3 Edgar Buildings

George Street

Bath

BA1 2FJ

Please try to send this information in as soon as possible, as any significant delay could increase your liability, or affect the ability of our accountants to complete your tax return on time.

I recieved this today. Has any one else had this and whats your opion.

Comment

yes, I've had the same note yesterday from (name removed), and like you I wasn't really sure what to think about it. I thought can the situation really get any worse, so I have authorised Fleming Laing to take this up. Although I am seriously wondering whether we will get anything back in time for the self assessment forms to go in on time in January at this rate..
            Last edited by Contractor UK; 19 October 2010, 15:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhines View Post
              Benni2000,
              it will likely be removed.
              correct.

sp

Comment

Davehh ... Who are you

Davehh,

You seem to think you know a lot about this yet don't give any information or tell us how you know all this. It seems like you are the bully that just comes on here to taunt board users, thumbing your nose and chanting "I know something you don't know".

I am one of the lucky ones from what I can see. Since April this year I have had approximately £17k returned by Bradbury/Sunday/Partnership.

If you ignore that they have charged me an extra 3.5k on fees compared to their prediction I am only awaiting return of £350 fines and interest that was charged by HMRC.

Davehh ... Stop talking in riddles. If you want to say something then say it and if you don't want to tell people whatever it is that you know then stop taunting them.

The information requested cannot be posted but I can't see that I am doing anything wrong by saying it is freely available on the web, the registered address is found at:

http://www.ukdata.com/company-listings/Su-35.html

If you look at Sunday entries then you can probably find the information you are after.

Otherwise ... If you really looked carefully you could check page 10 of this forum:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...roblem-10.html

I believe this may also help you in your search. If you are in the area then please have a word with him from all of us and post his response.

As far as I am concerned I am still out of pocket and want the rest of my money back. I have had no response for some time now to mails or calls.

Comment

Originally posted by Benni2000 View Post
                  Rhines - you mentioned there was a contact in CID, Bristol- please could you post the fax number on here, as this would be a very useful link.
                  I'm not involved in this Sunday Solutions mess but I have a great deal of sympathy for you all.

This davehh character ... his concern and support seem a little false to me. I can't help thinking he's just trying to put the cat amongst the pigeons. Perhaps one of your representatives should discus his posts with the CUK admins, especially if this is turning into a criminal matter.

Just a thougt? Good luck all, I hope you get your money back.

Comment

guys, i'm monitoring this discussion fairly closely and while i'd agree that, in response to a request, Davehh is not contributing too much, neither is he/she creating too much noise, so i'll leave things as they are at the moment. in the meantime could i please remind you of legal 'niceties' and request that you post no inflammatory material or material of a slanderous nature?

thanks
                    sp

Comment

Bradbury & Co

Sunday Solutions, Willow Mead, Bradbury & Co (note the &) apparently there is another Bradbury and Co in Yorkshire with no connection.

My question is has anyone attempted to get their monies back from Bradbury & Co through legal means and if so how did it go?

I left the partnership over a year ago. My final tax assessment year 07/08 was successfully closed (I have HMRC written proof) although that was a story!!

The thing is I had money in the reserve account that Bradbury used to pay the tax liability (I got them to pay penalties from their own pocket... that's another story). The money paid to the tax man was not as much as I had in the account and so as I left the partnership I am now seeking to get the refund for the balance that was left......over a year has gone by and reading some of the stories a) I am glad I'm not the only person in the same boat and b) it strengthens my resolve to consider the legal route.

Perhaps all those in the same boat should consider joining forces and submitting a 'joint' class action?

Comment

Working...
                      X