• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions Anyone Else Having A Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After months of trying I have also had no luck, I have contacted both a solicitor and the police about the matter. The solicitors have agreed to take on my case and the police are sending a member of their fraud squad to take a full statement from me within the next couple of days. I for one am having to file for Bankruptcy because of this, which is obviously going to affect my family and I for years to come.

I have informed the police that there are a number of people in the same situation as me and they have asked me to provide them with links to this website and others so they can try and ascertain the severity of the matter. I'm not really a forum junkie but I will do my best to keep you all informed.

Comment

I've just been reading these posts to my horror, I'm too owed money from Bradbury, just under 5K! The last email I got from them was in May this year.

So far I have paid some money off to the HRMC to keep them off my back, I've also instructed them to remove Bradbruy & Co as my representatives off their system. I was part of the TSSP LLP partnership and I parted with Bradbury in Nov 2007, but they completed my tax return 07/08 so I was still in contact with them.

What else have people been doing? just tried the Money claim route but its asking for organisation name, that should be Bradbury right and not the partnership name?

Comment

All for one and one for all!

In all honesty I think that any legal process should be undertaken on behalf of us all as opposed to numerous single claims of grievance.

We have all been the subject of fraud and/or malpractice in one way or another and we are all owed funds that at the end of the day we earnt and are therefore rightfully ours. Some of us are facing tough times with HMRC whilst others are simply chasing closure by virtue of having a refund of monies that were left over in the so called reserve escrow account.

I believe that a legal claim on behalf of all will carry a lot more weight, interest and importance. At the end of the day these people need to be punished for what has happened. We may unfortunately not recover all or some much needed funds but if it is possible to eliminate this mob from doing the same to others then at least some form of redress will have been a served.

If a process has already been started (e.g. By Gutter) perhaps you could consider talking to your solicitor to widen his brief of alleged grievances to include others who would like to be included in the joint legal process.

Clearly, the solicitor will not do this for free but if you are able to get some idea of what the fees would be, members of this forum could then get in contact with you (i.e. Gutter) if they so wished.

It would be nice to know what the take up, if any, for something like this would be. Personally I would be happy to seriously consider anything that would get attempt to get this mob sorted once and for all!

What do readers think?

Comment

Legal Action Group

Originally posted by sundaybradbury View Post
          Hi All,

Just to let anybody who is new know that the Sunday/Bradbury Action Group is alive and taking pace. Anybody who wants to join in should contact [email protected]

Thanks,

The Sunday / Bradbury Action Group
          FOR ALL THOSE NEW TO THE FORUM PLEASE READ THE ABOVE POST

Comment

Originally posted by zorionak View Post
            In all honesty I think that any legal process should be undertaken on behalf of us all as opposed to numerous single claims of grievance.

We have all been the subject of fraud and/or malpractice in one way or another and we are all owed funds that at the end of the day we earnt and are therefore rightfully ours. Some of us are facing tough times with HMRC whilst others are simply chasing closure by virtue of having a refund of monies that were left over in the so called reserve escrow account.

I believe that a legal claim on behalf of all will carry a lot more weight, interest and importance. At the end of the day these people need to be punished for what has happened. We may unfortunately not recover all or some much needed funds but if it is possible to eliminate this mob from doing the same to others then at least some form of redress will have been a served.

If a process has already been started (e.g. By Gutter) perhaps you could consider talking to your solicitor to widen his brief of alleged grievances to include others who would like to be included in the joint legal process.

Clearly, the solicitor will not do this for free but if you are able to get some idea of what the fees would be, members of this forum could then get in contact with you (i.e. Gutter) if they so wished.

It would be nice to know what the take up, if any, for something like this would be. Personally I would be happy to seriously consider anything that would get attempt to get this mob sorted once and for all!

What do readers think?
            Zorionak,

You need to join the Action Group....

Comment

Action group

Originally posted by sundaybradbury View Post
              Zorionak,

You need to join the Action Group....
              Have already sent request to the email address provided above:-)

Comment

I have also sent an email to the action group but have had no reply, however it was only in the past couple of days so who ever manages it could be busy. I will however speak to the solicitor about your suggestion zorionak and keep you updated via this thread.

Comment

Could you enable PM righys

Originally posted by bradburyhell View Post
                  I have only recently become aware that I am deeply implicated in this Sunday/Bradbury Hell. I operated through a partnership throughout 2008/09 and (like so many others) have been unable to conduct any meaningful communication with Bradbury & Co regarding my partnership accounts and retained funds. I suspect that there are a significant number of people facing the same predicament (including people who still don’t realise what is happening). Can anyone offer any help or advice from their experiences thus far? Is it possible to communicate privately on this forum? I would certainly be interested in speaking to those similarly affected, in order to file a joint legal action against these people – I suspect that this is the best chance we have of getting any of our money back! After reading the two threads on this subject, I will contact: the Police, Trading Standards, Watchdog, and Companies House. I found my contact with HMRC was confusing and counter-productive (that’s being generous). Is there anything else constructive I can do before initiating legal action?
                  Hello administrator - could you enable PM for me. Many thanks!

<admin>Done!</admin>

Comment

I have today given a statement to my local police force regarding this matter (guess they work Sundays now) and they are going to contact the Avon and Summerset police and launch an investigation. Initially this is going to be held up slightly due to my lack of documentation as it is still held at my old place of work which a solicitor is obtaining for me, but hopefully that will be obtained quickly and things can then move forward. It's not that they are being difficult about the request for it, but as I handled sensitive information they were unhappy just providing it from a request by telephone.

I'll keep interested parties updated on this thread, but at least my local police force is taking an interest in the matter and agrees at the very least that my money has been stolen, unlike some other forces that this has been reported to.

I am still yet to speak with my solicitor about handling the case for multiple people, but this is top of the agenda for Monday.

Gutted
                    Last edited by Gutted; 22 November 2009, 18:30.

Comment

Originally posted by zorionak View Post

What do readers think?
                      This would seem to be the best approach. My accountant suggested this or to try Trading Standards.
                      In the meantime what are members doing regards the Bradbury website where they want us to approve the account?
                      Also they have a paragraph in the last letter claiming they are dealing with an investigation by HMRC relating to employment status of some partnership members. Is this a ploy to get us to approve quickly or does anyone have more knowledge of this?

Comment

Working...
                      X