• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions Anyone Else Having A Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JamJarST View Post
    I also like the way he said new business was by referral by existing clients, exactly the way a pyramid scheme works.
    indeed and shirley you only get those referrals if it goes great for number of years first?

Comment

Originally posted by moggy View Post
      indeed and shirley you only get those referrals if it goes great for number of years first?
      Hmmmm I think you might be on to something there Watson!! The games afoot

Comment

Originally posted by JamJarST View Post
        Hmmmm I think you might be on to something there Watson!! The games afoot
        I doubt it.. would be the first time in my life just far too cynical in my old age..

Comment

Originally posted by MarkBreeze View Post
          Since this question has been asked by MrJGrinder in another thread, I'd like to clarify the following:

1. Technically I was never actually an employee or a director of Sunday. I worked there only in a sales/marketing capacity and whilst I had several “sales director” job titles, for the majority of the time that I was there I was acting in the capacity of consultant – which is on my LinkedIn profile. I was not employed by Sunday, I was not listed as a director, I was not a shareholder, I was never a signatory on any bank account. I was however a director of an associated client company of Sunday but again I was never a signatory on any bank account. I was as duped as any of the staff.

however that many people will automatically presume “guilt by association”….hence my reticence to be associated.
          Firstly, I'd just like to ask a question if I may as I'm seeking clarification on your employment status given in the above statement.
          Just so I'm sure I've got this right....you are saying you worked for Sunday Solutions but were never employed by them - but you don't say that you were freelance or self employed though - just 'consultant'. Regardless of this status, who was paying your wages whilst you were at Sunday - Sunday or Reed Morgan?

As director of Reed Morgan, who was in charge of payroll and did you know how many people were on the payroll and exactly you were paying? You see the only reason I ask is that staff at Sunday Solutions (who were 'employed' by Sunday Solutions) were getting wage slips from Reed Morgan - bit odd isn't it? What was that all about?

Just one last question - and this isn't meant to be taken with any hostility - a genuine question - would you stand up in court, signed witness statement etc about everything that went on (seen and heard) - I know there's more to it than what's been said on these pages and helping the legal team of the action group a couple of times doesn't really cut it for me. Were you prepared to stand up in court because I don't recall any signed witness statement from you - just wondered why. Difficult one to answer perhaps but then it's been bloody difficult for a lot people.
          Last edited by losing the will to live; 5 February 2013, 00:55. Reason: Highlighted original Quote

Comment

Originally posted by Shabba
            So HMRC have been happily processing my tax returns since 2008... and today i get a letter saying i owe 10k in unpaid tax for 2007/2008 due to these criminals at Sunday solutions..

Guys its an old thread but if anyone can help me i will be very greatful.. i simply dont have the money to pay and dont even live in the UK anymore!
            And another one rises from the deep!

Thrown over the fence to the HMRC Enquiries sub-forum.
            Last edited by administrator; 16 July 2014, 16:24. Reason: No connection so removed :p
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

So whats my first step? Or is there no hope?
              Read this post: http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...ml#post1698051

And maybe someone who has also been caught using Sunday Solutions will turn up with more information.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

So HMRC have been happily processing my tax returns since 2008... and today i get a letter saying i owe 10k in unpaid tax for 2007/2008 due to these criminals at Sunday solutions..

Guys its an old thread but if anyone can help me i will be very greatful.. i simply dont have the money to pay and dont even live in the UK anymore!
                If you have no enquiry open for 07/08 until now and your return had full disclosure (scheme used details) HMRC are out of time.

Comment

Sunday Solutions wasn't a scheme in the offshore /EBT style sense it was based on partnerships that turned out to be shams and then followed by a massive amount of fraud. Investigation and forensics are still in progress but it all takes time. The best advise is to write to HMRC explaining the situation.

Did you pay the HMRC the self assessment due out of your own pocket at the time this stuff all kicked off?

Comment

I heard nothing from HMRC until 11july.. then they asked for 10k.. no open outstanding debts nothing! Sunday actually registered me for SA so they obviously got the details from them!

What does it mean HMRC out of time?
                    There are templates for appeal letters on this site, i suggest you send one in quick. Once the APN's arrive over the next months these will be harder to appeal and you will have 90 days to pay the outstanding tax and then prove your scheme was legal..

Comment

Thanks! Im sorry and yes im an annoying noob here etc, but could you please post the link to these template appeal letters. I did go through the menus but maybe im too stupid!
                      Originally posted by cojak View Post
                      Re-read that post and this time click on the links!!

Comment

Working...
                      X