• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions Anyone Else Having A Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkBreeze View Post
    Hi John
    I don't think that it's appropriate to publish names of individuals on a public forum.
    I suggest the best way forward here may be to meet face to face - which I am happy to do.
    I can be contacted via the office switchboard or PM me and I will forward you my personal mobile number.
    I am in London usually 3 or 4 days per week and can meet at our office or a location of your choice.
    As I am unsure of your location, I would also be prepared to meet you outside of working hours including the weekend if that would be be more mutually convenient?

Please let me know?
    Mark
    This forum has a PM facility.

You can use that to discuss how to pass on the relevant information.

Personally the only reason you would feel the need to meet someone personally is if you wish to do a hard sell.

The telephone is a good device for speaking to someone and passing on relevant information.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      This forum has a PM facility.

You can use that to discuss how to pass on the relevant information.

Personally the only reason you would feel the need to meet someone personally is if you wish to do a hard sell.

The telephone is a good device for speaking to someone and passing on relevant information.
      With respect SueEllen, the majority of people on this forum have a username which may/may not provide them with complete anonymity. I on the other hand am being completely transparent about who I am.
      I have been requested to provide details pertaining to certain individuals.
      Surely you can understand why I wouldn't be prepared to do that other than in a face to face environment?

Comment

Hi John
        I don't think that it's appropriate to publish names of individuals on a public forum.
        I suggest the best way forward here may be to meet face to face - which I am happy to do.
        I can be contacted via the office switchboard or PM me and I will forward you my personal mobile number.
        I am in London usually 3 or 4 days per week and can meet at our office or a location of your choice.
        As I am unsure of your location, I would also be prepared to meet you outside of working hours including the weekend if that would be be more mutually convenient?

Please let me know?
        Mark
        May well take you up on that. I work near Lombard Street so will just pop in on the off chance a few times next week, sure I'll catch you at some point as you are there 3-4 times a week!

A few questions for you on the Breeze thread....

Comment

Hi John

Please let me know?
          Mark
          With the greatest of respect, that is utter tosh !!
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Mark Breeze

Mark
            You and I had many conversations back in 2009. Each time you strung me along.... this nearly broke me.
            I don't know how you managed to wriggle out of the situation but I hold you partially responsible for this debacle and I hope you get what is coming to you along with the other directors of the scam.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemloy View Post
              Mark
              You and I had many conversations back in 2009. Each time you strung me along.... this nearly broke me.
              I don't know how you managed to wriggle out of the situation but I hold you partially responsible for this debacle and I hope you get what is coming to you along with the other directors of the scam.
              Mike
              I do remember you of course and I am incredibly sorry that you feel this way......the reality was that I was also completely strung along on the promise that contractors would be paid. As soon as it became apparent that this was not going to happen I left the organisation under extremely acrimonious circumstances - again I explained this to the legal company that was representing the contractors action group.
              I would be more than happy to meet with you Mike should you wish to discuss?

Comment

Originally posted by mikemloy View Post
                Mark
                Further Clarification

As has been discussed at length on this forum, yes I held the job title of Managing Director of Sunday. I was with the company from the very beginning as a contractor and my remit was to design and implement the sales strategy and sales/marketing process for that organisation.
                To reiterate – I was not registered as a director, I was not a shareholder and I was never a signatory on any bank account.
                The business became a huge success during the first 3 years and all contractors who were part of Sunday had their tax paid across to HMRC correctly and on time. 25% of new business came by way of personal referral because the vast majority of Sunday clients were absolutely delighted with the solution and the service delivery.
                The sales team grew to a team of about 20, one of whom was Phil.
                Towards the end of 2008, it became apparent that there was some sort of issue with the tax payments that were due to be made on behalf of contractors Jan 2009 – I was told that this was solely due to an accounting process error that had been made by the accountants Bradbury and that I had nothing to worry about. I was to ensure that this was the message that should be delivered to the staff and to the client base. I was also asked at this time to sack a number of staff.
                After having to deal with a barrage of enquiries from contractors it became apparent that the scale of the problem was huge. I was told that Sunday was ceasing to trade and that the “client base” was being sold to a couple of different entities – one of whom was a company called Fleming Laing, the other was Von Essen LLP. I was asked if I would launch Fleming Laing in the UK by attempting to sell their solution into the Sunday client base. I was also asked if I would provide sales consultancy services to the managing partners of the UK based Von Essen LLP. Von Essen LLP was going to acquire the clients that were predominantly invoicing via Reed Morgan – which is when I was asked to become the director of Reed Morgan.
                I took the Fleming Laing role on a freelance basis. The sales team were divided between Fleming Laing and Von Essen LLP. Phil worked with me as sales manager at Fleming Laing.
                My main day to day role was with Fleming Laing. Part of my reason for accepting this role and the Reed Morgan position was on the specific understanding that the success of these business launches would have a direct impact on the price that they would be paying for the client base and therefore a subsequent effect on how quickly the contractors affected by Sunday would receive their outstanding tax payments. This was not an implication or inference – this was stated to me as fact. I was consistently told that the payments would be made to the contractors. I communicated this in good faith to the clients that I was engaged with and also the staff who were also explaining the same scenario in good faith to their clients.
                Fleming Laing quickly became a success and Von Essen decided that they did not want to continue to operate the LLP model therefore my involvement with them became significantly less.
                By December 09, I completely lost confidence that any tax payments were ever going to be made despite the obvious success of Fleming Laing. Those concerns were increased when I understood that there was a subsequent sale of Fleming Laing to a new beneficial owner that was based offshore and was essentially anonymous.
                I resigned from my freelance role with Fleming Laing in January 2010 along with approximately half of the sales staff including Phil. I also resigned from my directorship with Reed Morgan at the same time although this was not processed until April 2010.

Comment

So long story short you were the Managing Director/Director of a company or companies that "lost" significant amounts of other peoples money and now you are in charge of another company wanting control of other peoples earnings? About right?

Comment

Originally posted by JamJarST View Post
                    So long story short you were the Managing Director/Director of a company or companies that "lost" significant amounts of other peoples money and now you are in charge of another company wanting control of other peoples earnings? About right?
                    sounds fair.

I love the part where we are told "it was all going great for 3 years" then the wheels fell off.

Comment

Originally posted by moggy View Post
                      sounds fair.

I love the part where we are told "it was all going great for 3 years" then the wheels fell off.
                      I also like the way he said new business was by referral by existing clients, exactly the way a pyramid scheme works.

Comment

Working...
                      X