• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MTM Chasing Fees

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MTM Chasing Fees

Received a letter from MTM chasing for fees for a year they believed was not caught. I lost the original letter though have sent them the APN showing the year was caught and have settled with HMRC.

Reply from MTM was they will look into it and get back. Are they trying their luck? Anyone got chasers form MTM. Thought all this was done and dusted when settling with HMRC. Bunch of @$@!^

I’d sit on it until they get back to you again.

greedy gits.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Webberg was saying on LinkedIn that the idea that the scheme worked is a complete lie. The only reason it worked for some people on some years was due to incompetency at HMRC not getting their paperwork triggered in time.

I would personally ignore it
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Also, take a look at this thread. I’m collecting recent threads for Montpelier so that there’s possible context.

https://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc...tm-scheme.html

https://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc...-trustees.html
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

These letters are a total ruse. They're on a fishing expedition to identify people who've still got open years for 2001-02 or 2002-03. Which means members of NTRT, because virtually everyone else in the scheme will have long since settled.

Why are they interested in these two years? Because they stand to collect deferred fees if HMRC can't tax them.
          https://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc...ml#post2972467

If you've settled, just tell them that and you'll probably never hear from them again.

Comment

Things are not as they seem. This could even be some kind of misrepresentation fraud.

What you may not have realised is that the company sending you this letter is not the company you had an agreement with. The original company (let's call it XYZ Ltd) was an Isle of Man company. This is no longer trading.

What these sneaky scamsters have done is create a UK company with the exact same name XYZ Ltd. It is this new company which is writing to you. Which poses a few questions:-

1. Has the new company actually acquired the loan? How did that happen, when the loan agreement required your written consent to assign it to another party?
            2. How has this new company come to be holding so much personal information on you, including tax records? Is this in breach of the Data Protection Act?

Maybe one response to these scammy letters might be:

Dear...

I was perplexed to receive your letter of xxx. I have never had any dealings whatsoever with your company before. How have you obtained personal information on me?

Yours...
            Last edited by s684; 10 July 2023, 07:48.

Comment

Working...
            X