• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

VAT Prime/Auto Assessment Tax?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VAT Prime/Auto Assessment Tax?

Hi all,

I've just received a letter from HMRC requesting payment of a 'VAT Prime/Auto Assessment Tax' for the period ended 31/08/2022. This doesn't even correspond to my VAT quarters and when I log onto my VAT account, everything appears to be in order with no monies owing (apart from one with an upcoming deadline reflecting what I had submitted).

Does anyone know what a 'VAT Prime/Auto Assessment Tax' is exactly?

No idea*. What happens if you google "VAT Prime/Auto Assessment Tax"?

*Actually I do, but am too lazy to explain it all. Suffice to say HMRC probably think you are self employed or have missed a VAT return.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Not much happens with an Internet search apart from a couple of obtuse gov.uk explanations, and a couple of other semi-relevant things.

Just wanted to know if anyone had received anything like it, because it appears very wrong. I've never missed a VAT return either.

Comment

Call them. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a cock-up on their side.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
        X