• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella in administration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys. Has anyone had any updates on the Elite administration and interaction with HMRC. I am currently involved in a similar situation with a potential spin-off from Elite. Anyone actually managed to get them to write-off the loans? So far, HMRC has indicated it will do its best to recover the amounts from the Umbrella Company, but I feel like it will end up in the same situation as Elite. I dont understand how these UK-incorporated companies can keep pulling the scam repeatedly with no penalty against them. These guys should be put behind bars.
    Last edited by bylren001; 17 April 2023, 13:11.

Comment

Originally posted by bylren001 View Post
      Hi guys. Has anyone had any updates on the Elite administration and interaction with HMRC. I am currently involved in a similar situation with a potential spin-off from Elite. Anyone actually managed to get them to write-off the loans? So far, HMRC has indicated it will do its best to recover the amounts from the Umbrella Company, but I feel like it will end up in the same situation as Elite. I dont understand how these UK-incorporated companies can keep pulling the scam repeatedly with no penalty against them. These guys should be put behind bars.
      No further news I’m afraid.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Oh there is news but I don't know what it means for people

If you look at https://find-and-update.company-info...filing-history you will see that the firm has moved from Administration to Liquidation because that gives them more power to recover money from other sources.

Whether that impacts any contractors who were using the scheme is unknown mainly because while I've seen threats that contractors may need to pay back the loans I don't remember anyone being asked by a liquidator* to do so as HMRC are usually the largest creditor and are happy if the contractor has paid it directly.

* edit made because I temporarily forgot about the Felicitas claims (where the scheme organizers are the people trying to get the money).
        Last edited by eek; 13 June 2023, 05:40.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
        X