• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hmrc disguised remuneration loans information required!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys. I'm sorry I keep coming and going away, and I feel really bad as I received a lot of support and encouragement from you all here. Unfortunately my health hasn't been great, have spent months in hospital and now recovering.
    Funny enough, HMRC have been very understanding and they advised me to get in touch with them when I'm out of hospital and they have been writing to me, just reminding me that they are aware I'm unwell and to contact them whenever I'm ready. It almost feels like they're really human and understanding but I know there is a lot of fighting ahead but the early impressions have been great. I also saw that Chateries are now on the list of tax avoidance scheme's,it's about time but I suppose they will just use another name.

For my own case, HMRC want me to provide bank statements and payslips but I closed the bank a while ago and the payslips are on the Chateries portal; doubt they would give these to me.
    What I know for certain is the rate of pay I was getting, at the time.
    I have 3 questions please if I may.
    1. Anyone been dealing with HMRC in a similar situation. If so how did this playout for you and did you find HMRC to be understanding?
    2. Can banks give bank statements for closed accounts?
    3. Can I just give HMRC my rate of pay,own up that I messed up and ask them to just workout my penalty?

Comment

Take a look at these guys, they are dealing with 1000's of similar cases and can advise, I don't advise you to deal with HMRC by yourself

https://wttgroup.co.uk/big-group-for...h-to-tribunal/

Comment

Originally posted by Christop View Post
        Take a look at these guys, they are dealing with 1000's of similar cases and can advise, I don't advise you to deal with HMRC by yourself

https://wttgroup.co.uk/big-group-for...h-to-tribunal/
        As far as I know WTT are a reputable firm. I have a suspicion that the group actions might cost as much as paying the tax. And no guarantee of success. As long as members are crystal clear what they're signing up to, I suppose that's fine.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
        X