• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Loan Charge refund - APNs (deadline Sept 30th)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loan Charge refund - APNs (deadline Sept 30th)

Hi all,

I just want to clarify my position (I am sure a lot of people are on the same boat).

I have used multiple schemes from 2006 to 2014 and have never settled. I have received and paid multiple APNs of which based on my research I am NOT entitled to any LC refunds for any payment pre Dec 2010?

Is that correct, as APNs are payment on account? If that's the case people who have settled are entitled to their money back and people like me who haven't HMRC simply can withheld my money forever as I doubt they will close my cases.

I wonder what happens in the case of someone who paid APNs, for pre-2010 years, and then settled those years because of the LC? (The APN payments would have counted towards the settlement.)

Will they get a full refund or will the APN portion of the settlement end up back on account? (I suspect probably the latter)
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

I seem to recall, before the loan charge law when it was all about TA schemes being overturned by HMRC and then about getting settlements.

The deal was if you settled then you had no recourse to a refund. However if you had an APN issued and then there was the possibility of a refund should the TA scheme be deemed 'legal'.

As someone who settled first time around (for one scheme) and again after the loan charge (for a second and final), both pre-2010 I would be keen to know if there is any chance of any refund for settlers too. I suspect not though.

Comment

Working...
      X