• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Felicitas Emails from 3rd / 4th February

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Felicitas Emails from 3rd / 4th February

This is not a discussion thread but as this is important and requires immediate action I will post it separately.

If you received either of emails that Felicitas sent on the 3rd / 4th February it probably means Felicitas has sent you a Statutory Demand that you may not have received due to say moving address over the years.

Statutory Demands are dangerous things that Felicitas are abusing but that abuse doesn't protect you here. As you now know there is a risk that a demand has been sent you really do need to do deal with the fact and stop Felicitas from abusing your lack of reply.

To do this you really do need to respond to the emails and state something like the following

Thank you for your email which seems to imply that you have sent me a Statutory Demand regarding a debt you seem to believe I owe you. Please could you tell me which address you sent it to as I have never received it...

As for your demand for money as far as I am aware I do not and have never owed Felicitas ... any money. Please accept this email as formal notification that I dispute any claim that I owe you any money.

Can you please confirm via email that you have received this email and acknowledge receipt of the fact that the debt you claim to exist is disputed and confirm that you have withdrawn the statutory demand.
    That should be enough to stop Felicitas from continuing with the demand (you've told them they failed to deliver it and that you dispute any money is owed).

Felicitas will undoubtedly respond by asking for your new address details but:

1) Previously they (ab)used the IoM Financial Services Authority regulations to ask for the details. But you are under no obligation to give them that see Felicitas Demanding Proof of Your ID & Address? | ETC Tax | Expert and experienced tax advice .

2) They may likewise claim that you need to provide them with your address for other reasons say a UK court. If a court is referenced ask them for the evidence from that court and then double check with the court.

As the ETC article states - it was Felicitas's responsibility to keep and retain up to date contact details - the fact they have failed to do so is their problem not yours.
    Last edited by eek; 6 February 2021, 08:48.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Originally posted by eek View Post
    This is not a discussion thread but as this is important and requires immediate action I will post it separately.

If you received either of emails that Felicitas sent on the 3rd / 4th February it probably means Felicitas has sent you a Statutory Demand that you may not have received due to say moving address over the years.

Statutory Demands are dangerous things that Felicitas are abusing but that abuse doesn't protect you here. As you now know there is a risk that a demand has been sent you really do need to do deal with the fact and stop Felicitas from abusing your lack of reply.

To do this you really do need to respond to the emails and state something like the following

That should be enough to stop Felicitas from continuing with the demand (you've told them they failed to deliver it and that you dispute any money is owed).

Felicitas will undoubtedly respond by asking for your new address details but:

1) Previously they (ab)used the IoM Financial Services Authority regulations to ask for the details. But you are under no obligation to give them that see Felicitas Demanding Proof of Your ID & Address? | ETC Tax | Expert and experienced tax advice .

2) They may likewise claim that you need to provide them with your address for other reasons say a UK court. If a court is referenced ask them for the evidence from that court and then double check with the court.

As the ETC article states - it was Felicitas's responsibility to keep and retain up to date contact details - the fact they have failed to do so is their problem not yours.
    Good advice but I have a serious question.
    What if your email address is no longer valid (changed years ago) and you have moved address? Therefore no SD delivered and no emails - is it still possible to proceed with bankruptcy? Surely the claim would have to fall apart as soon as its proved the victim had no idea!? Remember Felicitas was created recently to pedal the scam, a user wouldn't have known any of this was happening....

Comment

Originally posted by creativity View Post
      Good advice but I have a serious question.
      What if your email address is no longer valid (changed years ago) and you have moved address? Therefore no SD delivered and no emails - is it still possible to proceed with bankruptcy? Surely the claim would have to fall apart as soon as its proved the victim had no idea!? Remember Felicitas was created recently to pedal the scam, a user wouldn't have known any of this was happening....
      As I've said before if you haven't received an email / letter there is not much you can do until you receive one - I think I remember suggesting asking a lawyer what to do in your circumstances, have you done so?

The entire point here is to ensure that the people who have received communications from Felicitas deal with it correctly - and close down Felicitas's (ab)use of a Statutory Demand as they continue to avoid having to demonstrating to an IoM court that you owe them money.
      Last edited by eek; 6 February 2021, 12:07.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Thanks eek.

Now that you’ve put this useful thread up and answered that important question, I’m going to lock this thread.

As Contractor UK said, please bear with us on this.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
        X