• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Suggestions for Tax advisors that can help newcomer posters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starstruck View Post
    If it is the same person, he may well know how some of the schemes were operated: Revenue & Customs v Hyrax Resourcing Ltd & Ors (INCOME TAX/CORPORATION TAX : Anti-avoidance) [2019] UKFTT 175 (TC) (05 March 2019))

Comment

I thought it was common knowledge that Matt Hall and Gordon Berry were scheme operators back in the day?

That is precisely why I have never trusted them.

Comment

Originally posted by huntingground View Post
        I thought it was common knowledge that Matt Hall and Gordon Berry were scheme operators back in the day?

That is precisely why I have never trusted them.
        So Hoey is represented by a former scam peddler.

Lancashire's advisors doesn't have clean hands either.

Comment

So the thread is about tax advisers that can help people and yet mostly contains posts about nothing to do with the subject.

In any sensible professional forum having mods of any sense the errant posts would have been removed and the posters permabanned.

Luckily for posters the mods have no sense. Before my permaban,. I am trying to collect infractions from all 4 mods. I doubt I will get that far.

Comment

Originally posted by ns1 View Post
            Might be better that someone who knows how a scheme works is capable of defending the scheme? Besides, Matt Hall is doing this for free.

As I'm affected by Hoey, my contributions since 2011 have been about £600 in total, and for that my APNS have been stayed, and we've gone to the FTT and the UTT. Seems quite reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by ns1 View Post

Lancashire's advisors doesn't have clean hands either.
              Cough. Rebus. Cough.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                So the thread is about tax advisers that can help people and yet mostly contains posts about nothing to do with the subject.

In any sensible professional forum having mods of any sense the errant posts would have been removed and the posters permabanned.

Luckily for posters the mods have no sense. Before my permaban,. I am trying to collect infractions from all 4 mods. I doubt I will get that far.
                Are you here to recommend Phil Manley like you used to?

Comment

It seems the current not-WTT/BG recommendations, among all the , are:

Cobham Murphy (John Green)
                  https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2837264
                  https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2837409

Gilbert Tax
                  https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2837383

Matt Hall or Gordon Berry
                  https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2837150

and of course, the ever popular

Don't bother, just negotiate with HMRC yourself.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Iliketax View Post
                    Gordon only became a Director of PPHOS 23 September 2015. He took on what others wouldn't and has to put up with libellous BS like that spouted by NS1.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      and of course, the ever popular

Don't bother, just negotiate with HMRC yourself.
                      Given most tax advisors and not picking on any for negotiating a settlement, charge around 1000 plus vat to agree sums which are readily available online or one can do themselves I personally think the charge is a bit steep.

The value add is really because HMRC staff do not know what they are talking about which for me is the real issue. The problem we all have is once you agree to something if it conspires they HMRC were wrong but you sign on the dotted line then tough cookies. I really believe this is a fundamentally incorrect approach and we should never been in that situation. If the sums were wrong and HMRC actually charged too much tax this should be adjusted or corrected. From what I can make out LCAG are trying or pushing for this to be corrected for those that are settling.

Comment

Working...
                      X