• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New settlement terms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post

But the OP isn't thinking about fighting, he just wants to settle on the best terms possible. Given that HMRC are (shall we say) dishonest and obtuse and the added complexity of getting the loan written off some advice is probably worthwhile if it's not going to cost too much and stops / discourages HMRC trying to pull tricks on the unwary.

WTT, ETC, Gilbert Tax are all people worth ringing to find out how they could help and how much their would want for doing so.
    "if" used as part of a larger sentence and in response to WTT being considered clean skins.

Comment

Originally posted by dammit chloe View Post

"if" used as part of a larger sentence and in response to WTT being considered clean skins.
      That really does depend on what your definition of clean is...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by dammit chloe View Post

I would agree about giving them a call on this topic. However there is a history with WTT too and they have not even won an FTT case yet so there is that to consider if thinking about fighting.
        I do not see any fighting talk. For the sum involved it's really not worth it. It's all about understanding where you are in the mess you got yourself into and then extricating yourself with as little future damage and liability as possible.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Laith View Post
          Precisely I’m not here for a fight I’m here for resolution without getting my pants pulled down again. I’m trying to get a stone wall resolution so I can sleep easy going forward.
          I think you should be able to see a way forward from here from what you have been told. Good luck.
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post

I do not see any fighting talk. For the sum involved it's really not worth it. It's all about understanding where you are in the mess you got yourself into and then extricating yourself with as little future damage and liability as possible.
            See my previous answer, the "if" and context matters.

Comment

Not to bad mouth WTT but last time I engaged with them they were charging silly rates for just initial responses. With the amount in question I don't think it's worth paying for settlement help. The loan demand however is a different ball game as it's a lot more than what my settlement would be. Who knows I may need it going forward. I don't particularly enjoy waiting around for professionals to do their job, from past experience their response after waiting always feels underwhelming. Thanks for the help

Comment

Not to bad mouth WTT but last time I engaged with them they were charging silly rates for just initial responses. With the amount in question I don't think it's worth paying for settlement help. The loan demand however is a different ball game as it's a lot more than what my settlement would be. Who knows I may need it going forward. I don't particularly enjoy waiting around for professionals to do their job, from past experience their response after waiting always feels underwhelming. Thanks for the help
                When you say loan demand? Do you mean the body which loaned you the money? The money subsequently caught in the loan charge?

Comment

I am referring to the demand from the appointed liquidators for said loan

Comment

I am referring to the demand from the appointed liquidators for said loan
                    But again - to settle completely you need to have the loan settled as well.

Which means you need to sort out both the tax and the loan in parallel which would suggest (were it me) finding someone who can help. And if you don't like WTT try ETC or Gilbert Tax - but I suspect you need someone to fix this.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post

When you say loan demand? Do you mean the body which loaned you the money? The money subsequently caught in the loan charge?
                      I do feel then you are going to need to get yourself some professional help.

Not sure what sort of rate you deem to be not 'silly' though, these are professionals doing a professional job so expect to pay a professional rate or at the very least get some comparisons from the ones being mentioned in this post ETC, WTT, GT there may be others of course.

Comment

Working...
                      X