• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Old Umbrella Company (Tailored) in Liquidation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I can remove them...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Why has Felicitas and Statutory Demands appeared as tags here? - neither are appropriate at the moment.

This is a different company / scheme (Tailored) with

1) a liquidator (voscap) appointed that has probably bitten off far more than they were expecting and who don't appear to be responding to calls and letters
      2) the umbrella firm (which should be in liquidation) seemingly trying to get people to use their lawyers.

As WTT has previously posted on here and we don't seem to have any other options I suspect a good starting point for anyone new here would be to talk WTT as I really wouldn't trust Tailored's recommended solicitors..
      Yes, I am due to have a call with WTT.

Will keep you updated.

I did liaise with Mathew Wyatt from ASW solicitors and they said they can arrange a settlement of 5% of what is 'Owed' to tailored.

Has anyone settled with Tailored via VOSCAP?

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini69 View Post
        Yes, I am due to have a call with WTT.

Will keep you updated.

I did liaise with Mathew Wyatt from ASW solicitors and they said they can arrange a settlement of 5% of what is 'Owed' to tailored.

Has anyone settled with Tailored via VOSCAP?

Many thanks
        VOSCAP is supposedly a liquidator trying to recover money - that sounds even dodgier as f*** than I thought it was.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

VOSCAP is supposedly a liquidator trying to recover money - that sounds even dodgier as f*** than I thought it was.
          Hi,

But surely that's what liquidators do. To recoup the monies 'owed'.

This whole setup stinks btw and i doubt they have any legal grounds to do so.

Comment

Hi,

A proper liquidator would be looking (at the first instance) at recovering the whole loan not a part of it - especially not just 5% of it.

Something about this entire scheme really doesn't add up...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Hi,

Has Matthew liaised with the liquidator and agreed on 5% or has this just been promised to you?

Comment

A proper liquidator would be looking (at the first instance) at recovering the whole loan not a part of it - especially not just 5% of it.

Hi
                Yes i agree and when I spoke with WTT Tom agrees with your views.

This whole sordid experience is just rotten and wrong in so many levels.

I'm just curious if anyone has received any replies from VOSCAP?

I think I will wait until I receive a Statuary demand letter before I do anything as I believe they're pulling a fast one.

Comment

Originally posted by Laith View Post
                  Has Matthew liaised with the liquidator and agreed on 5% or has this just been promised to you?
                  Hi

It was only an assurance that it would not be over 5% as I did not sign up with them yet and was only making enquiries as what they can do for me.

But to me it seems all very dodgy and would rather go via WTT and challenge the whole sum owed.

Comment

Hi

It was only an assurance that it would not be over 5% as I did not sign up with them yet and was only making enquiries as what they can do for me.

But to me it seems all very dodgy and would rather go via WTT and challenge the whole sum owed.
                    It won’t be tailored sending you a statutory demand it would be Voscap. A company under liquidation shouldn’t be contacting us in any instance, so the emails being sent are most likely not authorised. A liquidator I’ve spoken to has mentioned this to me and has even gone as far as saying Voscap can be questioned in regards to this and potentially even reported.

Comment

I’ve been told by two separate liquidators that they are almost resigned to not being able to recover all of the money that is owed. It depends on the company and of course how much. Not to say they won’t go after the entire amount. 5% being offered seems like a dodgy agreement between whyatt and tailored in exchange for business. Voscap probably aren’t aware in the slightest. Maybe reporting it to voscap is a good idea?

Comment

Working...
                      X