• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hoey - next steps

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobbydazzler75 View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much. There will shortly be news with regards to a removal of retrospection from law. All by a person who has been constantly abused as it happens. The truth is coming shortly.
    So if the retrospective aspect of the LC is removed by MPs in the current finance bill, we should all thank Phil and not the LCAG?

Comment

Originally posted by Albert49 View Post
      So if the retrospective aspect of the LC is removed by MPs in the current finance bill, we should all thank Phil and not the LCAG?
      Firstly, I would temper optimism. This is politics what is said and what is done are usually very different.

Should the result above happen though, there are plenty of people to thank and the two above would be at the top of my list.

Comment

Originally posted by regron View Post
        If it is the one I am thinking of, then please take peoples mental states into consideration. Too much damage has already been done. That isn't coming from one side of the fence or the other, purely and simply from a human capacity.

I have my personal thoughts on the slagging match, but will keep them to myself. This subject is literally killing people and despite certain posts that maybe coming with all good intentions... you will be surprised how much MENTAL damage they have caused. Situations caused overnight, but will take much, much longer to recover from !!!!
        I completely agree with this. There's far too much willy waving going on by certain tax advisers, and no I don't for one second believe that bobbydazzler75 is not Phil Manley, the posting style is a dead give away. Taking pot shots at other firms is helping no one and in fact makes things worse. I know for a fact that LCAG's wellbeing team had a spike in calls from very desperate people following the shenanigans posted on this thread so please think before you post.

Comment

Phil has asked me to post this "this has been brought to my attention and id like to point out that the mods/admin should easily be able to see the IP address and as I'm in Greece bobbydazzler is not me at all. Id further state that if I had any input to the thread id just log in and offer it but I've better tulip to be doing by far, though infact I don't even recall my old log in details and cant be bothered sorting new ones for this nonsense. There's a lot of things I've been accused off but hiding behind a false name is never one of them till now, I'm always more than happy to stand behind everything I say and people should know that by now. As for the topic of conversation within the thread, I suggest that the spike in people's calls to lcag mental health is perhaps more linked to the realisation that the facts that both saleos (Matt) and Bobby have said may be true . However, it's all hopefully irrelevant due to reasons bobbydazzler has hinted at.
          Would be nice if people didn't somehow turn a war of words between others into "let's just accuse Phil Manley of stuff again instead!"
          Both saleos (Matt) and wtt (Rhys) will be able to confirm I've actually individually spoke to them all of late in an attempt to solve the LC matter and have had friendly and useful discussions on this point.
          Cheers
          Phil

Comment

There is no evidence that bobbydazzler75 is Phil Manley. There is strong evidence that he is not. bobbydazzler75 has freely admitted to being a friend of Phil.

Accusations of fake accounts are not welcome here. If you suspect someone is hiding behind a fake/duplicate account ask the mods to investigate.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I'm a bit confused.

Isn't the PAYE argument about the underlying tax dispute? Isn't that an entirely separate issue to the LC?
              Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                I'm a bit confused.

Isn't the PAYE argument about the underlying tax dispute? Isn't that an entirely separate issue to the LC?
                If you have open tax years then yes there is still the underlying tax issue to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by LOL17 View Post
                  If you have open tax years then yes there is still the underlying tax issue to deal with.
                  Thanks.

Just trying to understand why people were panicking over the negative comments made here about the PAYE argument.

Was it because they were hoping this argument would also remove the LC?
                  Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                    Thanks.

Just trying to understand why people were panicking over the negative comments made here about the PAYE argument.

Was it because they were hoping this argument would also remove the LC?
                    No, I think it has more to do with the fact people have made choices of which advisor they have chosen to go with. Therefore naturally, the kind of posts that were made cause worry, panic, uncertainty, increased anxiety etc..
                    STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Well this all seems to have rapidly escalated as Big Group have closed their forum. It says the forum has been closed because of information being leaked but there has always been a big overlap of this forum and the BG one as people often discuss the same topics on both at the same time, so you’ll see the same links on both etc. So what exactly has gone on? I can only assume it is something fundamental to the BG plan being posted somewhere but I also find this hard to believe as the technical details of the BG strategy are always keep secret even from members - the forum is mostly members exchanging views. so I’m unclear what exactly has gone on. No forum is very bad as that was the main benefit for people like me that were only impacted by the Loan Charge. Without going into the specifics (ie whatever was leaked) can someone tell me what is going on?

Comment

Working...
                      X