• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Track the Finance Bill 2020-21 here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Track the Finance Bill 2020-21 here

Here is the link to follow the above bill, where it is hoped further concessions around the loan charge will be tabled, debated and voted on:

Finance Bill 2019-21 — UK Parliament
    STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Originally posted by regron View Post
    Here is the link to follow the above bill, where it is hoped further concessions around the loan charge will be tabled, debated and voted on:

Do you really think with the economy in the way it now is that any concessions are going to occur - this area just won't be on anyone's radar.

My concern is that a post like yours will build hope up when there really isn't any possibility of it.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Do you really think with the economy in the way it now is that any concessions are going to occur - this area just won't be on anyone's radar.

My concern is that a post like yours will build hope up when there really isn't any possibility of it.
      Really ? Easy said when you are not affected though. Did you listen to the debate yesterday ? Do you have your ear to the ground on the subject ? I respect your post, but I feel yours has the potential to cause more harm than mine to be honest.
      STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

There is room I think for reasonable reporting of facts and allowing for discussion of consequences.

Let's be clear here however.

The loan charge is NOT settlement.

Whilst this appears to have come as a surprise to some, it was NEVER settlement.

It's a step along the way to a final resolution, be that by agreement with HMRC or imposed by a judge.

Yes it would be good to have the intimidatory effect of the loan charge removed, but it can intimidate only those who allow it to do so.

All of the changes proposed have the effect of weakening the bully, so more power to them.
        Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

It was nice to see the Lords committee ripping a new one to Lindsay & Cerys the other day.

No evidence, no methodology, no clue.

Can't wait to see the 'evidence' for the 90% figure plucked from the ether by those plums from HMRC!
          Originally posted by Old Greg
          I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
          ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by regron View Post

How long do these things normally take to get Royal Ascent? Am just awaiting LC changes to formally become law.

Comment

Originally posted by starstruck View Post
              How long do these things normally take to get Royal Ascent? Am just awaiting LC changes to formally become law.
              This won't be becoming law until May - Parliament is now closed until at least April 21st.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Call for evidence - by tonight

Although, I expect it to fall on deaf ears I have made an attempt at describing the misery the loan charge has brought to me and my family I suggest everyone does the same, even if just for cathartic reasons…

The Finance Bill Committee is taking evidence in advance of the Committee Meeting on Thursday. Anyone affected by the Loan Charge can make a submission

The rules on how to make a submission are here:
                https://publications.parliament.uk/p...r_evidence.pdf.

You then send it to this email address:
                [email protected] with the subject heading “Finance Bill Committee Evidence Submission” + cc your member of parliament.

The deadline is close of business tonight.

Comment

From the brief reports I've seen of the Finance bill public bill committee discussion today, I don't think we can hold out too much hope for a change. Jesse Norman seemed to repeat verbatim the same HMRC message...bla bla bla. money was always due...too good to be true...

Comment

Jesse Norman

Yes, Jesse Norman is clearly a big supporter of HMRC and the Loan Charge and his arrogant and dismissive performance is hard to watch.

This is the email I sent him this morning, I've not even attempted to bring him on board as he is so far detached from reality and so ridiculously privileged that I feel he is unworkable:

to : [email protected],

cc : My MP & [email protected]

Dear Sir,

I just wanted to let you know that your performance regarding the ‘loan charge’ has been abhorrent. You clearly hate the victims, which is your prerogative but to actually lie or be wilfully incompetent in parliament about the performance of HMRC and the genuinely brutal affects this charge has had on many ordinary families is repugnant.

I fear you may believe your own hype and somehow think you are some sort of intellectual – unfortunately your performance yesterday shows the truth - as the majority of your comments were complete drivel.

What happened to compassionate conservatism?

I’ll be doing all I can to get you ousted at the next election.

Yours,

XXXXXXXXXXX

PS - I note that when you were lining your pockets at Barclays I was serving this country....

Comment

Working...
                    X