• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woolyhatman View Post
    we'll see what comes of it ? in the meanwhile, surprised that no-one has jumped on the email i received from their helpdesk back in 2012/2013:

The loans received by you in the period have already been settled as part of the IP of the Darwin EBT product – i.e. you have no obligation towards those loans going forward. Therefore there is no requirement on you or anyone else to “repay the loans”. Note this is not the same as the loans having been written off, which if that had been done it would have created a taxable event!

I'd be more than happy to share the original correspondence if it helps anyone's case...
    I was using Darwin as well as you roughly same time period and also in Scotland. My concern, if you ask your solicitors about statute barred is whats the difference if this is considered a business loan or not instead of a personal one?

I take it you also got a P11D from them with the FAQ sent out with stating that any loans (Item H on P11D) were considered discharged. Cant remember exact wording but do a search on my posts on this thread as I have written the info down. PM me about your original correspondence with them about the 'repay the loans' and we can discuss further and perhaps gather more evidence between us regarding Darwin.
    Last edited by why; 5 April 2020, 11:24.

Comment

I have a suspicion.

I think that someone that once worked for Garraway is now working for Felicitas.

I also think it’s the same person that set up the whole contractor helpline thing a coupLe of years ago and then tried to get money to issue write offs.

And that person transferred the loans as part of their move of employment.

Anyone else have any such concerns?
      Last edited by Contractor UK; 12 January 2021, 23:33.

Comment

Originally posted by corsair View Post
        I have a suspicion.

I think that someone that once worked for Garraway is now working for Felicitas.

I also think it’s the same person that set up the whole contractor helpline thing a coupLe of years ago and then tried to get money to issue write offs.

Ithink we are being scammed, played by someone. Anyone else think there’s a ‘constant’ individual involved?
        So how are you handling this situation?

Comment

Originally posted by corsair View Post
          I have a suspicion.

Ithink we are being scammed, played by someone. Anyone else think there’s a ‘constant’ individual involved?
          I was with Sanzar Solutions who were based only a couple of doors down on the same block of houses on Auckland Terrace from where Felicitas Solutions purport to be based right now.

Comment

Auckland Terrace is a row of old townhouses on Ramsey's main street Parliament Street. Most if not all have been used as commercial premises for as long as I can remember.

There's a couple of local accountants, a solictors and a barbers in among it all. Many are longstanding (10+ years) while other buildings (including the two you refer to) seem to chop and change occupants regularly and never give any outward indication of their current occupants.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly View Post
              I was with Sanzar Solutions who were based only a couple of doors down on the same block of houses on Auckland Terrace from where Felicitas Solutions purport to be based right now.
              Sanzar closed, then became Garraway. They had the same address.

Comment

Felicitas and Garraway and Gladstones

Hey, i recieved a final demand from this lot today for Garraway also. Does anyone have a position to take with this?

Worried and not sure where to go here at all??
                Any advise/ thoughts?

Originally posted by AAJ View Post
                Hello,

I have today received a letter out of the blue from Gladstones solicitors who are writing on behalf of Felicitas Solutions. Felicitas Solutions have demanded payment of interest for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 on an outstanding loan relating to Garraway Ltd.

The letters details several loans, amounting to a very large sum of money. I did in the past use Garraway and settled with HMRC years ago. The amount lent and hence tax paid was far less than the amounts being requested Have Garraway really sold on loans? Can payments be demanded if they have? Is there a way to find out the original details of a loan, e.g. total amount, interest etc.?

I can see that some people have received a similar letter relating to the K2 scheme. Has anyone received a similar demands from Gladstones Solicitors for a loan relating to Garraway?

-a bit shocked-

Comment

Originally posted by corsair
                  dunno.
                  If you have ignore them

IMO engaging with them makes things worse. For those who cannot ignore, get an adviser.

Comment

ETC

Originally posted by wingnut73 View Post
                    Hey, i recieved a final demand from this lot today for Garraway also. Does anyone have a position to take with this?

Worried and not sure where to go here at all??
                    Any advise/ thoughts?
                    Hi mate, I have engaged the use of ETC, there is another firm on this forum as well. I contacted ETC and thank god for them they have put me at ease.

Comment

Sanzar and Loans

I had six years with Sanzar and Garraway and had a tax bill of over 100K, although the recent changes have helped. I haven't yet settled, mostly due to the complete inability of the Revenue to ever agree a sum twice in a row.

I've had the Gladstone letters and was initially infuriated, but having read the entire 102 pages of this forum (3 days man..) I'm now more focused. I'm a Programme TM and if I had a crisis at work I'd always try and stay detached, and seek the best advice I could. Thanks to Webberg and others for staying grounded and sticking with the basic facts of this campaign. I have contacted ETC and am taking their advice.

I've check every piece of info I have from both Sanzar and Garraway, and have found emails from Dec 2009 from Sanzar mentioning the word loans, they were talking about helping with tax returns, but there are three others that include the term in 2010 and 2011. None of the contract docs I still have use the term (I had two or three different Sanzar schemes) but the emails certainly did.

As far as Garraway are concerned I have three Deeds of Settlement that I have signed that are loans documents, I logged into the Felicitas website and they also have these documents scanned with my signature. However for some of the Garraway loans they have documents that I have never seen before, one per monthly loan indicating that interest is being charged - see below. At the end it states that the loan has been entered into on the date at the top of the agreement. However I HAVE NEVER SEEN THESE AND WOULD NEVER HAVE ENTERED INTO THEM if I had had any inkling that there would ever have been any interest charged. I suspect these are fake documents to try and prove a case for interest. Also after six or seven years I have never had any communication about these till now.

Has anybody else seen documents like these?

Loan Doc extract

Repayment

3.1. The loan shall become due and payable one month after the service of a written demand
                      by the Lender on the Borrower, on the fiftieth anniversary of this Agreement, or on the death
                      of the borrower, whichever is sooner.

3.2. The loan must be repaid in Sterling; repayment in any other currency will not be
                      accepted.

4. Interest

The Borrower shall pay the Lender interest at the rate of 1.07% per annum on the amount
                      outstanding on the Loan from time to time such interest to accrue daily and be calculated on
                      the basis of a 365 day year (without compounding the same) and paid when demanded or
                      otherwise at the date of repayment of the Loan.

Comment

Working...
                      X