• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Loan Charge review - round #2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dammit chloe View Post
    Snap. I was with them. So yes they are in the frame. Venturis trust now holds the Loan Info. Some loans were waived, some were "technically paid off". HMRC has resurrected them and want payment based on the original sterling value. Not sure if CS loans are being reported to HMRC, they have no records of mine, but Horizon ones definitely are.

Sorry.
    Approx 10 years ago my loans were technically paid off by taking a short term bridging loan to pay off the loan which was later paid off by a distribution from the trust. In this case I thought you needed to report the loan values paid to you from the period. I didn't think there was the option of reporting nothing as HMRC regard the repayment as contrived.

Comment

Originally posted by Kladderadatsch View Post
      Approx 10 years ago my loans were technically paid off by taking a short term bridging loan to pay off the loan which was later paid off by a distribution from the trust. In this case I thought you needed to report the loan values paid to you from the period. I didn't think there was the option of reporting nothing as HMRC regard the repayment as contrived.
      To clarify, I am talking about the trust reporting them.

Comment

Thank You for taking the time to reply.
        Much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by CanPayButWouldRatherNot View Post
          DMB will be a pain but you can arrange a decent TTP option with them .. .especially if there is no choice .. prepare a list of what you can afford to pay and dont get sucked into borrowing/remortgaging and putting your world at risk
          Very true. I was appalled by the DM Dept asking me to take out credit card loan to repay the APN.

Comment

Originally posted by zal View Post
            Very true. I was appalled by the DM Dept asking me to take out credit card loan to repay the APN.
            If you can evidence that. pass it to LCAG. That's very naughty of HMRC.

Comment

Originally posted by jbryce View Post
              If you can evidence that. pass it to LCAG. That's very naughty of HMRC.
              Unfortunately, that was in a telephone call.

Comment

Reporting Loans

Originally posted by dammit chloe View Post
                Snap. I was with them. So yes they are in the frame. Venturis trust now holds the Loan Info. Some loans were waived, some were "technically paid off". HMRC has resurrected them and want payment based on the original sterling value. Not sure if CS loans are being reported to HMRC, they have no records of mine, but Horizon ones definitely are.

Sorry.
                I am living abroad but rang HMRC to ask what they needed. Got passed around various departments. Spoke to some guy who said they were interested in 3 years 2005-2008. I've missed the reporting deadline as found out about all this way too late. So should I report only on the loans they are interested in? It all happened so long ago, not sure whether I've got infor for pre this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Cookie123 View Post
                  I am living abroad but rang HMRC to ask what they needed. Got passed around various departments. Spoke to some guy who said they were interested in 3 years 2005-2008. I've missed the reporting deadline as found out about all this way too late. So should I report only on the loans they are interested in? It all happened so long ago, not sure whether I've got infor for pre this time.
                  Are you planning to ever return? Where do you live now? Can you see where this is going?

Comment

Originally posted by Cookie123 View Post
                    Your reporting obligations contained in the UK statute are clear.

It's ALL outstanding loans that fall within the relevant definition.

Anything other than that risks a penalty.
                    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                      Are you planning to ever return? Where do you live now? Can you see where this is going?
                      As long as you are outside the EU then you are less of a low hanging fruit.

Some places HMRC hasn't got a cat in hell's chance of collecting.
                      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Working...
                      X