• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC LC - beware Eximius Consultants Ltd

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC LC - beware Eximius Consultants Ltd

Like others I can't tell you how many times I tried to make sure this was all safe etc etc. The Director of Eximius Consultants, who has run several other Umbrella Schemes has now tried to charge us even more (whilst at the same time trying to dissolve Eximius with Companies House) and asking for 5% of o/s loans plus £250 admin charge to release the loans, otherwise we could settle and then they would tell HMRC these are still outstanding. Bastards. How is the Government allowing this bullying to happen? Umbrellas are still advertising all the time, enticing people in etc. He is also a director of Infinity Solutions and his partner is a director of Choice Contracting, all super dodgy.

Have joined the WTT Big Group.

Is the point of settlement to pay your full liability (worked out as loans at appropriate tax bands) or to agree a settlement of less than that? Or is it just to agree more time to settle?

Any answers gratefully received.

I have at times felt suicidal, I guess I am not the only one. The justice in this country is for the elite and for the rich, that is so obvious now.

thanks guys

RD

Hi Rebecca44,

I too used Eximius for a period of some months but backed away from them as we did not sign up to any loan arrangement. We challenged them back in 2017, they were unhelpful therefore switched off from them. We’re now being sent letters by THL Trust helpline on behalf of eximius to settle for a loan (which we never agreed or signed up) with HMRC and then to have Release of seed and release of exclusion at the rate of £250 fee + 5% of the loan value.

I’m ok to settle with HMRC but not Eximius, they have misled on their operations. All the eximius contact numbers are off line, the THL site does not have a contact number nor name.

Will you be registering with HMRC before 31st May?

Comment

Eximius Consultants

Originally posted by Seekinghelp View Post
      Hi Rebecca44,

I too used Eximius for a period of some months but backed away from them as we did not sign up to any loan arrangement. We challenged them back in 2017, they were unhelpful therefore switched off from them. We’re now being sent letters by THL Trust helpline on behalf of eximius to settle for a loan (which we never agreed or signed up) with HMRC and then to have Release of seed and release of exclusion at the rate of £250 fee + 5% of the loan value.

I’m ok to settle with HMRC but not Eximius, they have misled on their operations. All the eximius contact numbers are off line, the THL site does not have a contact number nor name.

Will you be registering with HMRC before 31st May?
      Hiya,

Are you saying the THL should have the original loan number or something? Should I ask for that? Would grateful if you could shed some light on this. Am trying to work out how to send a message to your inbox.

Thank you,

AM

Comment

It looks like Eximius is one of several lenders/trusts who have engaged THL for assistance in the end game of dealing with the loans etc.

The various claims and products on offer from THL are subject to numerous posts in these threads and I think you should read them carefully.

As a general rule, if you are being asked for significant sums of money, get some advice.

We're happy to give you a free initial call and I know that Phil also does this.
        Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by rebecca44 View Post
          Hiya,

Are you saying the THL should have the original loan number or something? Should I ask for that? Would grateful if you could shed some light on this. Am trying to work out how to send a message to your inbox.

Thank you,

AM
          I feel THL's main interest lies in offering to do the admin for settlement but there is no reason to suggest they can't provide the documentation only. At a cost of course.

Comment

Originally posted by BankingContract0r View Post
            I feel THL's main interest lies in offering to do the admin for settlement but there is no reason to suggest they can't provide the documentation only. At a cost of course.
            I think you'll find that THL supply data and if you want help on settlement with HMRC, they make a referral to another firm. That other firm initially at least ran into issues with moderators on the forum and have since either not managed to resolve those issues or has chosen not to post further.

Again, you need to do your research here.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
              I think you'll find that THL supply data and if you want help on settlement with HMRC, they make a referral to another firm. That other firm initially at least ran into issues with moderators on the forum and have since either not managed to resolve those issues or has chosen not to post further.

Again, you need to do your research here.
              Sorry, previous post was badly worded. I meant the approach seems to be to suggest this other firm can help and THL will provide the necessary documentation.

Comment

Originally posted by BankingContract0r View Post
                Sorry, previous post was badly worded. I meant the approach seems to be to suggest this other firm can help and THL will provide the necessary documentation.
                You may well be correct but I repeat, do your research.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Mobilise

Please be very wary of listening to scheme providers and their associates.

Get with like minded people such as LCAG https://www.hmrcloancharge.info/

Do not feel you are alone, and please do not despair. This is a roller coaster of emotions, bad days, and not so bad days...

As for Big Group, I have been a member since the very start, and feel assured people are not lying down and taking this without a fight back.

We all need to get active and hit back, contact your MP etc, there is help on how to mobilise.
                  http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

Can THL be trusted? They do not publish a contact number, nothing on the internet. Is this company just acting in the interest of Eximius?

Comment

Working...
                    X