• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AML found wiki page had controversial listing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AML found wiki page had controversial listing

About time it was mentioned somewhere !!

Controversy[edit]
    <mod snip>

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Barrowman
    Last edited by cojak; 26 May 2018, 07:43. Reason: Same rules apply to CUK.

It's been removed as unsourced and potentially libellous.

Wikipedia have fairly clear rules about information concerning living people. You could try and add it back in, but the chances are whoever removed it will simply escalate and the page will become protected against edits.

There's nothing to stop you recovering it and providing sources, in accordance with wikipedia rules.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

It wasn't myself who added it but it is tempting to put it back up now its been removed. I've just been looking at the AML company group online since my unfortunate situation arose with them and the HMRC and found the Wiki page. Seems Barrowman probably has "spies watching this or the wiki page" all the time looking for damaging postings etc.

I see he is trying to white wash his image with setup of a charity foundation in his name. https://barrowmanfoundation.com/news/ how kind of him

Ps you cant find anyone on Linkedin or online anywhere that has worked for AML limited these people don't exist now or historically anywhere. Its been totally removed, sanitised, whitewashed and id wager its been done professionally for damage limitation reasons for Barrowman's image etc. I was looking at my old AML email with the senior tax advisors reply back wheat he HMRC sent letter sentt saying that i was involved in aggressive tax evasion scheme.

Hi *************

The letter and information required from HMRC is quite intimidating and in the normal business world we would never phrase letters as such. This is an informal check into your return, which, unfortunately asks for an excessive amount of information. We will be discussing our response with HMRC over the coming weeks to decipher whether it is beneficial to respond on an individual or collective basis.

Please can I ask that you read the attached newsletter from AML, regarding these 2012-13 self assessment checks; note that AML will respond to this letter on your behalf and that the response deadline has been temporarily removed by HMRC until further notice.

Kind regards,

************** l Tax Senior
      AML Tax (IOM) Ltd
      Knox House 16-18 Finch Road Douglas IM1 2PT
      T. 01624 616567 F. 01624 616561
      www.amltax.co.uk

Description: Description: cid:[email protected]

Important information

Following our newsletter of 14 November we would like to inform you that, following discussions between AML and HMRC, the response deadlines have been temporarily removed by HMRC until further notice.

AML wish to take this opportunity to thank you for your co-operation and to remind you that no further action is required on your part, unless and until you are contacted again by us.

We will keep you informed of any revised deadlines, and the efforts that AML will undertake to ensure that they are met, as soon as the information becomes available.

Yours

AML Tax (IOM) Limited

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      It's been removed as unsourced and potentially libellous.

Wikipedia have fairly clear rules about information concerning living people. You could try and add it back in, but the chances are whoever removed it will simply escalate and the page will become protected against edits.

There's nothing to stop you recovering it and providing sources, in accordance with wikipedia rules.
      Last edited by DOT COM; 26 May 2018, 11:43.

Comment

Its back up now with links and sources.

<mod snip>
        Last edited by cojak; 26 May 2018, 15:37. Reason: This is the last time I’m removing this...

Comment

Seems Barrowman probably has "spies watching this or the wiki page" all the time looking for damaging postings etc.
          It's easy enough to set a watch on a wikipedia page. If I had a page dedicated to me, I'd certainly put a watch on it.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
          X