• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trust help line email help!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unsure123 View Post
    I cannot find a copy of my agreement and that seriously worries me. Also are you saying that if the loan amount is over 20k that would I be Liabilie for IHT?
    Why is there a link between £20k and IHT?
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
      Why is there a link between £20k and IHT?
      There is no link - to clarify I called hmrc distressed as the scare tactics THL are using are frightening i am not a high earning but a Sw earning less than 40k a year)

I checked with HMRC the following (which THL) are using to advise and scare people into paying.

“In order for me to proceed, I require clarification around the position of the loans for IHT purposes... If the loans are not written off, a 10-year anniversary charge may arise.”
      – HM Revenue & Customs

The HMRC worker I spoke to assured in MY situation I did not need a deed of release or provide any proof of loan paid off as declared as income on SA. He asked how much MY loans were and when advised circa 20k not to worry his words were even IF IHT did apply it would be negligible and I should not worry.

Comment

Originally posted by Socialsarah73 View Post
        There is no link - to clarify I called hmrc distressed as the scare tactics THL are using are frightening i am not a high earning but a Sw earning less than 40k a year)

I checked with HMRC the following (which THL) are using to advise and scare people into paying.

“In order for me to proceed, I require clarification around the position of the loans for IHT purposes... If the loans are not written off, a 10-year anniversary charge may arise.”
        – HM Revenue & Customs

The HMRC worker I spoke to assured in MY situation I did not need a deed of release or provide any proof of loan paid off as declared as income on SA. He asked how much MY loans were and when advised circa 20k not to worry his words were even IF IHT did apply it would be negligible and I should not worry.
        What the heck is a 10-year anniversary charge? If you (we) settle then we mark them as income and not loans so not sure what extra charge can be applied?

Comment

Originally posted by lara400 View Post
          What the heck is a 10-year anniversary charge? If you (we) settle then we mark them as income and not loans so not sure what extra charge can be applied?
          Don’t know? This is on the information from TLH to help me make a decision to pay for a deed of release.

HMRC (who I spoke to) say they are aware of the “tactics” and are not engaged or have any discussion with THL. They in effect said IGNORE and seek legal advice about the agreement you signed.

Comment

Don’t know? This is on the information from TLH to help me make a decision to pay for a deed of release.

HMRC (who I spoke to) say they are aware of the “tactics” and are not engaged or have any discussion with THL. They in effect said IGNORE and seek legal advice about the agreement you signed.
            Ah right - thought HMRC told you about the 10 year thing... Instead it was the scum TLH... In one ear and out the other then

Comment

THL Offer 'Popular'

I also received the email today. They have my name and loan amounts. They say
              "The trustees present offer is to write off 95% of the loan balance in exchange for a 5% repayment. There is also a £250 administration fee per trust. The offer has been extremely popular, with most of those receiving the formal offer documents accepting theterms."

Have there been many people actually accepting the deal or is it a play on words given not many have followed through.

I like most people are reluctant to pay HMRC and 5-10% back to Loan scheme. I've heard of other Loan Schemes writing off the loan for no fee or a minimal fee.

Comment

Next steps Trust Help Line

Hi All,

Has anyone had a letter from a company called Trust Help Line details in regards to the contractor loan charge 2019. (Trying to help a mate out hoping for advice on this forum for them)

Helpline Services Ltd is a limited company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 11097772. Registered office: Suite 319-3, 1 Royal Exchange Avenue, London, United Kingdom, EC3V 3LT.​
                [email protected]

The letter is as follows:

Your trustees have asked us to write to you with regards to their decision yesterday to change the presently favourable repayment terms from 95% written off to only 90% written off, for deeds drawn up after 1st March 2019. This will increase the repayment required from 5% to 10%.

you will recall from our correspondence over the last year, you have outstanding loans in connection with providing your services through a contractor loans scheme. Following Parliament's decision to introduce the 2019 Loan Charge, the trustees have offered to release you from the loans. We have previously written to you with the trustees' offer of favourable terms. Getting your loans released may be helpful in your negotiations with HMRC. It also means that you can be certain you will never be charged interest, nor have repayment demanded in future.

The trustees present offer is to write off 95% of the loan balance in exchange for a 5% repayment. There is also a £250 administration fee per trust. The offer has been extremely popular, with most of those receiving the formal offer documents accepting the terms. As a consequence, fewer trust beneficiaries remain to fund the ongoing costs of the operation. You are amongst this group. This has led the trustees to decrease the written off amount from 95% of the loans to 90%, with effect from 1st March 2019. This increases the amount that must be repaid from 5% of the outstanding balance to 10%.

To benefit from the present favourable terms, so that you only need to repay 5% of the outstanding balance, please log into our portal now. You'll need to confirm your identity to us before we can share further personal financial information with you. Once you've done this, please indicate that you wish to obtain a deed of release. The deed is the legal evidence that your loans have been released and you have no further obligation to the trust. Further instructions will be provided at this point. You will need to obtain your draft deeds for signature on or before 1st March 2019 if you want to benefit from the present terms.

————————————————� �—————————————

I find this a bit dodgy as if you are already looking to settle with HMRC why would you pay the these guys again when you already paying the owed amount to HMRC. I did ask the whether the trustee still exist response Was that they don’t give out phones numbers and Sanzar Solutions Isle of Man Trust, and the trustees are professional independent trustees ltd, registered in Isle of Man.

II FIND IT HARD THAT THE TRUSTEES STILL EXIST SURELY THEY ARE DEFUNCT AS I CANT FIND NO INFO ON THEM

————————————————� �—————————————-

Question if you looking to settle with HMRC can these sanzar trustee still come after you for money which was yours in the first place and can we ignore communication from this trust help line

Suggestion please!
                Last edited by 1234; 13 February 2019, 22:50.

Comment

Unsure what to do

Hi All,
                  Thanks for your comments on the thread I'm new joiner and am unsure what to do. So
                  - I've already settled my income tax via settlement opportunities with HMRC for any years I was in one of these Trusts. All years are now closed for that purpose.
                  - Really don't want to pay THL any money, but not sure I can continue to worry about possible loan re-calls or possible future litigation costs (barristers, QC's cost a fortune)

Therefore has anyone genuine paid THL this 5% and received their deeds back? And have they had these deeds reviewed as being legally enforceable?
                  I'm reluctant to sign any paperwork, pay money and then never see any deeds.

Like @agileSean I'm due to get some advice tomorrow but would appreciate anyone giving an example of having closed off both HMRC and THL.

Cheers.

Comment

I also didn’t have copy but did a SAR to gain information from trust. Took ages but have now got a copy and trying to find the best person to make sense of it - any suggests would be great!

No not saying that. In my situation where by my loans are under 20k and I will not be subject to the loan charge (as declared on SA) advice was should not worry about IHT (even thou helpline is saying IHT implications) as it would be negligible on that amount if if even applied. The sense I got was HMRC are fully aware of the Helpline and are not in any discussions with them - reading between the lines IGNORE THEM - they are just trying a last ditched attempt to get money
                    Sorry if its a stupid question, but what is an SAR?

Comment

Originally posted by Unsure123 View Post
                      Sorry if its a stupid question, but what is an SAR?
                      Subject Access Request.

Basically a legal application to find out what information somebody knows about you.
                      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Working...
                      X