• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Behaviours

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phil@dswtres View Post
    ps - the example you mention about the mental health ward is particularly appalling behaviour by them!
    And the other examples weren't?!?!

_______ HMRC _______
    Not Fit For Purpose since 2001

Comment

Originally posted by MyxALot View Post
      And the other examples weren't?!?!
      They're all appalling, just Phil feels the last one was worse. If you need any other assistance with basic English, I'll be glad to assist.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        They're all appalling, just Phil feels the last one was worse. If you need any other assistance with basic English, I'll be glad to assist.
        Thanks, I was struggling with that particular 'p' word!

(I'll telegraph my point a bit clearer next time, though)

Comment

Can only see the positives in this tbh. Public opinion can only go one way from here. Good effort Phil.

Comment

Interested to know more

Originally posted by phil@dswtres View Post
            I'm in touch with a journalist from a well known publication. They are keen to hear about any HMRC behaviours good or bad. I'm keen to make it as constructive as possible as it wouldn't be very useful just to say "Mr x says HMRC are ****"
            Particularly useful would be if anyone is willing to provide specific examples such as them losing their home due to HMRC refusing to accept time to pay or anything along those lines. Clearly would be more powerful if willing to have the person (or business) name in print rather than anonymous. Clearly some may not wish to do so which is fine - obv no need to reply. Personally I think it could be useful for people to shine a spotlight on their own case as its a national newspaper and therefore one would hope HMRC would need to responds/be seen to do the right thing.
            Again - any examples of HMRC going out of their way to assist also welcomed as this doesn't simply have to be a hatchet job. More a sensible look at how the people are being treated.

Anyone interested feel free to contact me. I know the journalist personally and am happy to make introductions if helps people feel better about assisting.

Cheers,
            Phil

I am certainly intrigued by your post so will try to PM you as I do have a story to share. Thanks, Phil

Comment

Working...
            X