• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Finance Bill 2017-18

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
    You can get CLSO2 by approaching HMRC yourself.
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/disguise...ur-tax-affairs

I would imagine most BG members would expect to get more than that for all the subs they've paid.
    The loans may get called back. And HMRC may resile.

I am not saying BG is a slam dunk. I can see where you are coming from. On balance, some may go straight to HMRC and some may go to BG. There seems to be no third way.

Comment

I tell you what.

If you manage to get a deal better than CLSO2 for your members...

I'll take back every single sarky comment I've made.

What are the chances that I'll have to eat my words?
      I really have no desire to ask you to take anything back. It's your opinion and I'll not deny you the right to make it. Equally I can respond.

I also don't know why being a professional in this space means I have to prove it by achieving a better result than CLSO 2.

We are very clear with our clients. We do not guarantee a better result. We do guarantee that whatever route they take, they understand the position and the consequences.

On the issue of what those in BG get, why not ask them. They all get a very clear understanding of their options and those who want nothing more than CLSO 2 are more often than not, turned away, because the initial stages of that route can be done without our help.

Happy to continue this via PM or email, but not in a public thread because this discussion helps no one.
      Last edited by webberg; 15 December 2017, 10:18.
      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I am not saying BG is a slam dunk. I can see where you are coming from. On balance, some may go straight to HMRC and some may go to BG. There seems to be no third way.
        The couple of advisors I spoke to said there's little hope of getting better than CLSO2 now HMRC have got the loan charge.
        Last edited by stonehenge; 15 December 2017, 10:47.

Comment

The couple of advisors I spoke to said there's little hope of getting better than CLSO2 now HMRC have got the loan charge.
          I spoke to three advisers that said people could get worse from HMRC. And that loans may be called in by the promoters.

Will you raise my 3 to 4?

Comment

Maybe, maybe not. When you settle, do let us know how you get on?

Comment

The loans may get called back. And HMRC may resile.

I would add that if BG can be a pain in the harris for HMRC and the lawmakers of this land then that is worth a chunk of my subs ...

hoping BG can sort out the loans from my wayward trust, guide us thru IHT and perhaps get a decent TTP ...

Like brillo says ... I dont want to be tackling these on my own

Comment

Does BG stop loans being called in by the promoters?

I spoke to three advisers that said people could get worse from HMRC. And that loans may be called in by the promoters.
                You keep repeating "loans called in by the promoters". Does BG put an end to that possiblity? If so explain how? I dont think so. So why repeat this.

This is all unnecessarily scary for a lot of people, and there is no need for that .

Comment

Originally posted by luxCon View Post
                  You keep repeating "loans called in by the promoters". Does BG put an end to that possiblity? If so explain how? I dont think so. So why repeat this.

This is all unnecessarily scary for a lot of people, and there is no need for that .
                  Sorry?

There's no need to mention something that may happen? How does that help?

Some promoters have already attempted to recall loans.

Loans, if legally created, cannot disappear without some legal action or repayment. Even if the lender is no longer around, the loan would have been passed on to another party and who knows what their motivation may be in ignoring the loans or trying to cash in.

In the past we have had loans legally removed. Not all of them as some lenders refuse. Why do they refuse? Well we have had a number of different reasons, no two the same.

There is no substitute for having all the facts and I make no apology for including them.
                  Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
                    Sorry?

There's no need to mention something that may happen? How does that help?

In the past we have had loans legally removed. Not all of them as some lenders refuse. Why do they refuse? Well we have had a number of different reasons, no two the same.

There is no substitute for having all the facts and I make no apology for including them.

Not sure why you reply on behalf of BrilloPad, and BrilloPad replies on your behalf !!

Sometimes its impossible to tell who is who on this board.

My one post was a respond to BrilloPad's multiple posts who keeps implying that somehow BG had an ability to address loans being called up and a magical capability to get them released. I dont think your reply has added anything more other than all BG could do is politely and using cute poppy eyed expression ask the trustee to write off and release the loan. The trustee may choose to do or not to do so.

The scheme member can do that him/herself and ask the Trustee to release the loan with the same degree of success.

Comment

Not sure why you reply on behalf of BrilloPad, and BrilloPad replies on your behalf !!

Sometimes its impossible to tell who is who on this board.

My one post was a respond to BrilloPad's multiple posts who keeps implying that somehow BG had an ability to address loans being called up and a magical capability to get them released. I dont think your reply has added anything more other than all BG could do is politely and using cute poppy eyed expression ask the trustee to write off and release the loan. The trustee may choose to do or not to do so.

The scheme member can do that him/herself and ask the Trustee to release the loan with the same degree of success.
                      You asked about BG - so webberg responded. To confirm, I am not part of BG.

Loans(full or partial) have been called in by several groups. In one case, if you did not pay you would be shopped to HMRC!

AFAIK BG have no silver bullet. However I suspect BG could do alot more than give cute poppy eyed expression.

People need to be aware of what they are up against. If you want to play shoot the messenger than fine. If you really object, raise a formal complaint with cojak/admin. They need a few jokes for the mod Christmas party crackers.....

Comment

Working...
                      X