• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone had a visit from HMRC about APNs?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

If HMRC or Baliffs come knocking then politely close the door on them. And refuse to talk except by letter. You do not have to speak to them.
    In the case of bailiffs do not invite them in or let them into the premises. Once they have been given access (across the threshold) they can legally enter the premises at any time with or without your explicit consent.

Comment

So few people realize what is happening - and when they hear stories do not believe them.
      Until it happens to them. Then suddenly they are up in arms.
      If you don't support others, how do you expect to be supported yourself?
      The "I'm all right, Jack" syndrome.
      A disease that has infected the UK very severely.
      Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by yakitoo View Post
        In the case of bailiffs do not invite them in or let them into the premises. Once they have been given access (across the threshold) they can legally enter the premises at any time with or without your explicit consent.
        Why on earth would you "invite them in"????
        If the bailiffs turn up at your house you do not have to let them in. Repeat: you do not have to let them in!!!

If you have time to kill, you can look at the DMB manual and verify by yourself http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/Manuals/dmbmanual/Index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by yakitoo View Post
          +1

The only exception is if children accidently let them in. You can then throw them straight out.

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
            The "I'm all right, Jack" syndrome.
            A disease that has infected the UK very severely.
            The government has bought off the mob with football and cheap booze. The modern equivalent of gladiators.

Comment

The government has bought off the mob with football and cheap booze. The modern equivalent of gladiators.
              Bread and circuses... same it's always been.

One thing you have to hand to our "Conservatives" is that they are very skilled at playing the divide and conquer game and keeping us "distracted" while they plunder everything that's not bolted on.

Enjoy the footie.

Comment

I had no idea how nasty HMRC could be until reading these forums.
                Is it the individuals they're employing, going after a recovery related bonus or something? Or just HMRC tactics to play nasty?

Comment

Originally posted by yMyjgT View Post
                  I had no idea how nasty HMRC could be until reading these forums.
                  Is it the individuals they're employing, going after a recovery related bonus or something? Or just HMRC tactics to play nasty?
                  They only employee horrible people with no friends and would report their grandmother's for tax evasion.

Hope that clears it up for you.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working in HMRC investigations for 20 years definitely brought out the worst in my brother-in-law. He's now a right nasty piece of work.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                      Working in HMRC investigations for 20 years definitely brought out the worst in my brother-in-law. He's now a right nasty piece of work.
                      And my ex-wife. I always assumed it was her kidney transplant. But now I am not so sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X