• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Scheme Enquiries: Network One

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I called to "settle" wish me luck

Hi Everyone,

So I'm not a member of CCR or WTT, when I received the letters to do SAs for 13 and 14, I just hired an accountant to do my self-assessments. The last correspondence I got from HMRC was that they are 'checking' my tax returns and that, if I want to, I can call and settle. I got this letter in October and have not heard since and I got worried. So I called to see how much it would be if I was to settle and the idiots that they are, said that they don't have any of my information for the year 12-13 to work it out, but they have everything for 13-14. Why send me this letter then?! The amount of paperwork I have sent them never seem to reach them, or they apparently don't have it??? Anyway, I'm waiting on them to tell me how much it'll be for 13-14. Hoping it's not heart-attack inducing... I guess I'll also make a start on collating all my info for 12-13 again.

Comment

Originally posted by newb2018 View Post
      Hi Everyone,

So I'm not a member of CCR or WTT, when I received the letters to do SAs for 13 and 14, I just hired an accountant to do my self-assessments. The last correspondence I got from HMRC was that they are 'checking' my tax returns and that, if I want to, I can call and settle. I got this letter in October and have not heard since and I got worried. So I called to see how much it would be if I was to settle and the idiots that they are, said that they don't have any of my information for the year 12-13 to work it out, but they have everything for 13-14. Why send me this letter then?! The amount of paperwork I have sent them never seem to reach them, or they apparently don't have it??? Anyway, I'm waiting on them to tell me how much it'll be for 13-14. Hoping it's not heart-attack inducing... I guess I'll also make a start on collating all my info for 12-13 again.
      The stress of dealing with this on your own is too much for many. I admire your courage, but personally being a member of Big Group as helped me and others share the stress.
      http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

Time to go to court against Network One

Having spoken to Trading Standards, it is outside there area. They have advised me to take it up with "Action Fraud" - Google it for further info, or start a Class Action against Network One. The HMRC can't do anything as they can only go to the payroll company but as its abroad it is outside there legislation.
        I have already managed to suspend the voluntary strike off of Network One with companies house and I am looking for people to join a class action against Network One. The plan is to do them for mis-selling a scheme and once they are found guilty they can be done under POCA (Proceeds Of Crime Act) and the Directors as individuals can face 14 years in jail and stripped of all assets they benfited from in Network One.
        I have taken an extract from one of Network Ones emails which will enable us to fight in court against them.

"Many thanks for signing up to Network One Limited!

I have copied in Quantum who operate our payroll and who will send you the information they need to complete your setup.

So, who are Quantum and why are we using their service?

Quantum are the outsourced payroll company we employ the service of to administer our payroll. This does not affect or concern your agency or contract as this is still administered by Network One Limited. Should you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be happy to assist you myself or point you to the person(s) who can."

Comment

Have you shared this with the group looking after a large number fo ex Quantum/Endeavour people?

The CCR Group?
          Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
            Have you shared this with the group looking after a large number fo ex Quantum/Endeavour people?

The CCR Group?
            I've contacted the CCR group and i'm awaiting a response

Comment

Action fraud

Originally posted by gumper View Post
              having spoken to trading standards, it is outside there area. They have advised me to take it up with "action fraud" - google it for further info, or start a class action against network one. The hmrc can't do anything as they can only go to the payroll company but as its abroad it is outside there legislation.
              I have already managed to suspend the voluntary strike off of network one with companies house and i am looking for people to join a class action against network one. The plan is to do them for mis-selling a scheme and once they are found guilty they can be done under poca (proceeds of crime act) and the directors as individuals can face 14 years in jail and stripped of all assets they benfited from in network one.
              I have taken an extract from one of network ones emails which will enable us to fight in court against them.

"many thanks for signing up to network one limited!

I have copied in quantum who operate our payroll and who will send you the information they need to complete your setup.

So, who are quantum and why are we using their service?

Quantum are the outsourced payroll company we employ the service of to administer our payroll. This does not affect or concern your agency or contract as this is still administered by network one limited. Should you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me and i will be happy to assist you myself or point you to the person(s) who can."
              please can everybody report network one ltd to "action fraud" as they have conned us out of our money. The more people that report them will give us a better chance of them being prosecuted for fraud and hopefully a jail sentence to go with it. Also please report them to the FCA Financial Conduct Authority and the Financial Ombudsman Service. Don't sit back and let them get away with your hard earned cash
              Last edited by Gumper; 2 September 2018, 15:56.

Comment

Network One Ltd - dissolved

Originally posted by Gumper View Post
                please can everybody report network one ltd to "action fraud" as they have conned us out of our money. The more people that report them will give us a better chance of them being prosecuted for fraud and hopefully a jail sentence to go with it. Also please report them to the FCA Financial Conduct Authority and the Financial Ombudsman Service. Don't sit back and let them get away with your hard earned cash

For info - Network One was dissolved - 2nd October

Comment

Originally posted by Boodog View Post
                  For info - Network One was dissolved - 2nd October
                  Doesn't matter that they are now dissolved. The more people that report them, the more chance the police will open an investigation. Only the police can investigate if we have been conned and bring the directors / owners of Network One to justice for conning us

Comment

Originally posted by Gumper View Post
                    Doesn't matter that they are now dissolved. The more people that report them, the more chance the police will open an investigation. Only the police can investigate if we have been conned and bring the directors / owners of Network One to justice for conning us
                    The Police investigate criminal matters.

There is no suggestion that Network One has been involved in a criminal offence.

Issues such as mis-selling, mis-representation and incorrect information persuading you to buy a product are covered by civil laws. Where the issue if goods and services, probably trading standards.

Where the above relates to financial matters, the governing body is usually the FCA.

However, NONE of the promoters, lenders, agents, schemes, was regulated by the FCA then or now. Consequently, there is no course of action.

Most promoters were not members of professional organisations that applied minimum standards or carried insurance. Therefore there is no recourse there.

In short, you were offered a scheme with certain assurances that meant then and mean now, nothing.

There is nothing here for any body to investigate and prosecute.

You may have a claim if a professional accountant looked at the situation and told you, in writing, that it was "good" and did not give you adequate risk warnings.

otherwise it was caveat emptor and if you believed the "assurances" without checking, I'm afraid that without spending a lot of money and time in creating a cause of action, your best approach is to write the past off to experience and deal with the consequences today.
                    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Rr
                      Originally posted by webberg View Post
                      The Police investigate criminal matters.

There is no suggestion that Network One has been involved in a criminal offence.

Issues such as mis-selling, mis-representation and incorrect information persuading you to buy a product are covered by civil laws. Where the issue if goods and services, probably trading standards.

Where the above relates to financial matters, the governing body is usually the FCA.

However, NONE of the promoters, lenders, agents, schemes, was regulated by the FCA then or now. Consequently, there is no course of action.

Most promoters were not members of professional organisations that applied minimum standards or carried insurance. Therefore there is no recourse there.

In short, you were offered a scheme with certain assurances that meant then and mean now, nothing.

There is nothing here for any body to investigate and prosecute.

You may have a claim if a professional accountant looked at the situation and told you, in writing, that it was "good" and did not give you adequate risk warnings.

otherwise it was caveat emptor and if you believed the "assurances" without checking, I'm afraid that without spending a lot of money and time in creating a cause of action, your best approach is to write the past off to experience and deal with the consequences today.
                      Agree. Network One are long gone and are the sharks that have taken more than a pound of flesh. Just to say - beware the vultures that are after their pickings....

Comment

Working...
                      X