• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Tax Avoidance letter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC Tax Avoidance letter

Hello All,

I have received a tax avoidance letter for FY 2011-12 in the last 2 weeks reg the tax avoidance as I was with AML Loan agreement (I was only with them for an year and moved on), I didn’t even realised it was illeagal.

I have emailed AML reg this and they haven’t come back to me yet on this.

I was go through the forums and I can see there were few people in the same situation as mine in the past, so can you please advise me whats the best option for me to do in this situation and what was the outcome in each of your cases?

Any sort of information is highly appreciated in this regards.

Many Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Read through this section of the forum. Everything you need to know is in there somewhere.

HMRC Scheme Enquiries

If you are struggling finding it use the search function as detailed here.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/welco...uk-forums.html
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Hello northernladuk,

I have gone thru this thread

http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...-letter-7.html

I have seen that some people have already been in my situation, but none of them posted what the outcome was and what happened eventually, hence this new post.

Cheers

Comment

Oh. OK but surely you'd be better posting your question in there?

Comment

Originally posted by Raj121279 View Post
          Hello northernladuk,

I have seen that some people have already been in my situation, but none of them posted what the outcome was and what happened eventually, hence this new post.

Cheers
          I suspect that only those who have agreed with HMRC position and settled in accordance with HMRC demand actually have an "outcome". Those who don't agree and propose to challeng will likely be tied up for quite a few years.

Comment

A mate of mine uses them, has been getting these letters for about 3 years now, he ignores them which is what AML advise I believe (Don't take that as the truth) and nothing has happened so far, he is still using them

Comment

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
              A mate of mine uses them, has been getting these letters for about 3 years now, he ignores them which is what AML advise I believe (Don't take that as the truth) and nothing has happened so far, he is still using them
              Am not so sure your mate is a good example to anyone of what they should be doing......

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Am not so sure your mate is a good example to anyone of what they should be doing......
                There are still those using dodgy avoidance schemes. I would describe it as evasion after all the publicity. Why are these still in use?

Google and Starbucks are but 2 of them.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  There are still those using dodgy avoidance schemes. I would describe it as evasion after all the publicity. Why are these still in use?

Google and Starbucks are but 2 of them.
                  BrilloPad dont tell me you have also been brainwashed.
                  How is this evasion. Agree why would you still be using these now, but the non-experienced are also becoming experienced before they realise the up and coming issues. At least now HMRC are pro active rather then allowingthese schemes to flourish for the last 10 years or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Raj121279 View Post
                    Hello northernladuk,

Cheers
                    I suspect that most of them have joined the Big Group (you can easily find details on joining if you look through any of the threads).

No-one posts outcomes on public forums, so you may have to join in order to find out what they have done.
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X