• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BIG GROUP

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jonnieboy View Post
    Since you're not a member, you probably won't "from the outside" be able to see the difference. However, the truth is quite different. WTT (and Graham in particular) have been professional, helpful and, above all, transparent.

I would advise anyone who has not already done so to join BG. It is a *tiny* amount to pay for reassurance and help you get from a large (private) community of similarly affected people.

It's early days for the settlement offer being discussed - but the more members that BG/WTT represent, the louder the voice they have.
    If he is totally transparent in terms of income then I credit him. I don't think you can run a normal commercial venture when your clients are subject to such financial and emotional distress

Comment

Originally posted by davedavis View Post
      If he is totally transparent in terms of income then I credit him. I don't think you can run a normal commercial venture when your clients are subject to such financial and emotional distress
      With all due respect, your comments don't help anyone. Whether they are stuck up in all this mess or otherwise. The minimum term to be tied into is joining fee + £18pm for 1 month.

I am yet to hear of anyone leaving since they joined.

Feel free to invest the minimum requirement above, then come along and write a more unbiased opinion please.
      STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

We are as transparent as we can be. There are some issues that we are circumspect on, especially here.

I am running a commercial venture. Equally I am motivated to help a group of people who have suffered at the hands of the unscrupulous. We are acutely aware that people under stress don't make sensible decisions and our first move is always to stablise the position for individuals so that they can make as objective a decision as possible. As to whether we achieve this that's perhaps not for me to say.

I will not deny you a healthy cynicism but perhaps spend some time reading this and other threads before making a judgement?
        Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
          We are as transparent as we can be. There are some issues that we are circumspect on, especially here.

I am running a commercial venture. Equally I am motivated to help a group of people who have suffered at the hands of the unscrupulous. We are acutely aware that people under stress don't make sensible decisions and our first move is always to stablise the position for individuals so that they can make as objective a decision as possible. As to whether we achieve this that's perhaps not for me to say.

I will not deny you a healthy cynicism but perhaps spend some time reading this and other threads before making a judgement?
          If your members are happy with what they are paying for and what you are making from this, then great!

Good luck to all

Comment

I just see Mr. Webberg as no better or worse than any of the other professionals selling their wares on this forum.
            Oh, he's a lot better than most of the others, without naming names.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
              Oh, he's a lot better than most of the others, without naming names.
              I'll second that

Comment

Originally posted by cliffordthedog View Post
                I'll second that
                I'm glad to read that because my experience with tax advisors is not a happy one. Anyone paying a monthly retainer should get full transparency

Comment

I'm glad to read that because my experience with tax advisors is not a happy one. Anyone paying a monthly retainer should get full transparency
                  My experience with tax advisors has been mixed as well. Big Group is transparent and, for what it's worth, my current accountant did some Due Diligence on webberg and found that he's well respected within the industry.

As for others, there is, of course, <removed> Mr. Michael J Perry, who requested several thousand pounds up front in order to write a letter that I did myself. Or perhaps the other firms who took just under a thousand pounds, per victim, to achieve absolutely nothing.

The advantage of BG is that it's based on numbers. I was one of the early joiners and, based on the low retainer, am happy for new joiners to reap the benefits of my earlier (small) investment.
                  Last edited by administrator; 10 March 2017, 16:02. Reason: Edited

Comment

Originally posted by jbryce View Post
                    My experience with tax advisors has been mixed as well. Big Group is transparent and, for what it's worth, my current accountant did some Due Diligence on webberg and found that he's well respected within the industry.

As for others, there is, of course, the ambulance chaser himself Mr. Michael J Perry, who requested several thousand pounds up front in order to write a letter that I did myself. Or perhaps the other firms who took just under a thousand pounds, per victim, to achieve absolutely nothing.

The advantage of BG is that it's based on numbers. I was one of the early joiners and, based on the low retainer, am happy for new joiners to reap the benefits of my earlier (small) investment.
                    I think any tax advisor using this forum to drum up business is an 'ambulance chaser', by definition.

Comment

To the best of my knowledge, we've never coerced anybody into joining our group, nor asked them for large amounts of money to join or leave, nor told them that we are the only option, nor promised them that we are the complete answer.

In my dealings with this forum, I've always been acutely aware of the history of advisers and others seeking to punt their products and where we had any doubt, we checked first with those who administer the forum.

We are confident that what we have said in this thread and others, both in the guise of this user name and an earlier iteration, has been honest, accurate and motivated by wishing to be clear as to the situation for most and how it might play out.

An ambulance chaser is presumably a person/firm who prey on victims who have no other choice but to pay and pay and pay?

Our joining and monthly fees are modest. There is no minimum contract and no notice required to leave. If we get to a settlement and you don't like it, you are not obliged to take it. If you wish to continue to use you existing agent for tax work, that's fine. If you want to subject us to due diligence, again, that's fine.

We do not claim to be the only nor the "right" answer. We do claim that whatever we do, we will be transparent in what we're doing and why.

My personal opinion is that the above is not ambulance chasing but I accept and welcome a sceptical approach because in the present environment, that is helathy and sensible. I would however ask that you take into consideration the facts and evidence in arriving at an objective position because not all advisers are the same.
                      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Working...
                      X