• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BIG GROUP

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by illnine View Post
    I have just received an APN for the 2011-12 tax year and have had no notification from HMRC that they were looking into anything

Can I ask if they can still send me APN's for previous years for the scheme they sent this one for?

Also if I received no notification they were looking into anything can I represent this APN.

They are now including there calculations also.

Thank you for your help on this.
    PM me
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
      yes - Big Group covers these
      Then I'm in! I've also spoken to your colleague RT about representing me to HMRC, so will hopefully sleep tonight...

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksona69 View Post
        Then I'm in! I've also spoken to your colleague RT about representing me to HMRC, so will hopefully sleep tonight...

Thank you.
        Excellent - look forward to meeting you in our own forum.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Hi

I've just submitted an application. However, my browser crashed immediately afterwards. Can someone confirm if it went through ok?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie97 View Post
            Hi

I've just submitted an application. However, my browser crashed immediately afterwards. Can someone confirm if it went through ok?

Thanks
            I'll check

(No, me neither).

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Concerned

one question still rolling around in my head is it best to pay up now but also request an appeal, at least that way if a few years down the line I did had to pay I would incur no further interest? Or stand my ground and request a postponement of the payment.

I received an assessment letter for 2011-12 for Network One scheme (Quantum), is this one BG are following?

I've read a lot of posts on BG and listened to the Webiner, it would certainly help if I knew there was other support out there but realistically will I just make things worse by postponing this.

Comment

Originally posted by Iter View Post
                  one question still rolling around in my head is it best to pay up now but also request an appeal, at least that way if a few years down the line I did had to pay I would incur no further interest? Or stand my ground and request a postponement of the payment.

I received an assessment letter for 2011-12 for Network One scheme (Quantum), is this one BG are following?

I've read a lot of posts on BG and listened to the Webiner, it would certainly help if I knew there was other support out there but realistically will I just make things worse by postponing this.
                  Yes, BG has a number of ex-Network One clients. Re payment, there is no rush and you should start with appealing. Don't make any decisions to pay large sums of money in a state of panic. Take advice first (and I do not mean from an open internet forum).
                  Last edited by DotasScandal; 22 March 2016, 01:14.
                  Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Hi,

I am new here and I wanted some further information before committing to the BG cause.

I received by post on March 24th a notice of assessment dated March XXth, covering my employment at XXX for tax year 2011/12.

The sum is significant and completely unwarranted in my eyes.

According to the notice I have two options:

1 - Appeal within 30 days of the date of the notice of assessment.

2 - Pay in full no later than April XXth 2016.

Questions:
                    If I join BG am I effectively nominating WTT to represent me in this particular case? Do I need to put this in writing to HMRC? I am a LTD now and do not wish to use my existing accountant (who HMRC have sent a copy of the notice to already).

Do I get a personalized service as a BG member? I assume not because of the low membership fee. Is it a case of getting generic advice from BG experts and then constructing my own responses to HMRC? I'd like to be assured that time and care would be taken to formulate an effective strategy for my particular case. I'm assuming there are hundreds of people in my situation but how many have successfully had notices of assessments reversed? Am I expecting too much assistance for what is a ridiculously small fee?

Also, how does BG ensure paid-for advice is not leaked on public forums?

Finally, if circumstances change is it straight forward to leave the BG group?

Thanks in advance.
                    Last edited by DJVP; 29 March 2016, 14:43. Reason: redaction

Comment

Originally posted by DJVP View Post
                      I'm assuming there are thousands of people in my situation
                      FTFY

Yes there are. When you post here, remember to wave to HMRC

They watch and see if there any new ways to extort extract money from you.
                      Join Big Group - don't let them get away with it
                      http://www.wttbiggroup.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                      X