• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Never selling an old PC on ebay again!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I think we ought to have a JSA day where any cash values must be expressed in terms of JSA.

I went for a gig pay 5.5 JSA per day.
    I bought a PC from some idiot for 3 JSA and after I ****ed about with it the moron still helped me to fix it.
    You can now pick up a Ferrari 612 for around 694 JSA - 972 JSA
    "I went for a gig pay 5.5 JSA per day."

Is JSA a £5 then???
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      "I went for a gig pay 5.5 JSA per day."

Is JSA a £5 then???
      Sounds about right for PC's rate card....
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I don't think there is any point selling anything on Ebay. Just give stuff to a charity shop, and save your time.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Hey Cojak. £200 is £200. If you're that loaded, I'll send you my address and you can stick some notes in an envelope for me! ;-)
          I generally prefer to wipe my ass with £50's when I accumulate too much money as all the mattresses are full
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            Hey Cojak. £200 is £200.
            No, it's about 280 CHF, and sinking.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

As they used to say caveat emptor or in this case should it be caveat venditor?

Maybe put this into the ebay dispute procedure and let the plonker justify why he should get a refund after monkeying about with it after collection.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                I don't think there is any point selling anything on Ebay. Just give stuff to a charity shop, and save your time.
                Its good for getting rid of junk like old slabs '99p to take away'.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I sold an old laptop for a Nifty, and 3 months later I got an email saying the he needed the Bios password.
                  just emailed him a guide to do a bios reset...

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                    Save yourself the hassle. Drop PC a PM and he'll collect it if it's not signing on day.
                    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

You're screwed. He will claim on PayPal protection (item not as described) then PayPal will take the money back from you.

Then you have no PC and no money.

Which is why I love eBay

It's highly dangerous selling anything of value of eBay.

In this case I'd be firm and say, you wrecked it, you keep it. And keep his texts as evidence in the sure-to-follow Paypal dispute.

Comment

Working...
                      X