• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aston Martin DB9 or a Ferrari 612 Scaglietti?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn't touch the Maserati (well, maybe) as I have been informed that my new car is nearly ready, it has more bhp than the Maserati, accelerates faster, has a higher top speed, is more economical and is 40k cheaper, it also seats 4 comfortably (5 at a pinch) due to having 4 doors and its a bright yellow
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      pull young ladies that are going to make them briefly happy, then enduringly skint.
      Thought that was marriage
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Wouldn't touch the Maserati (well, maybe) as I have been informed that my new car is nearly ready, it has more bhp than the Maserati, accelerates faster, has a higher top speed, is more economical and is 40k cheaper, it also seats 4 comfortably (5 at a pinch) due to having 4 doors and its a bright yellow
        You're getting a Lamborghini?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          What's with these fugly porsches you see around these days?

I thought the whole point of a porsche was for men with midlife crises to pull young ladies that are going to make them briefly happy, then enduringly skint.
          They've a got sports chassis, don't roll in the corners (unlike a LR RR), up to 500bhp, and are very reliable.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            They've a got sports chassis
            Ie. they shake your spine apart on every bump and are useless off-road

Comment

Each to his own.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Each to his own.
                All these supercars are well and good and I would buy one, and probably will one day, but you try driving the buggers, especially around town. You can't see tulip and they're particularly useless at parking and then when you get onto servicing, repairs and replacement parts then forget it. My brother has a Ferrari and only uses it during summer months and then very occasionally and I don't blame him especially when he told me the price of the replacement exhausts he had to get...
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

All these supercars are well and good and I would buy one, and probably will one day, but you try driving the buggers, especially around town. You can't see tulip and they're particularly useless at parking and then when you get onto servicing, repairs and replacement parts then forget it. My brother has a Ferrari and only uses it during summer months and then very occasionally and I don't blame him especially when he told me the price of the replacement exhausts he had to get...
                  We've a space in the under ground car park that is currently let to my neighbour, he has a Ferrari. The streets here in Munich are not horse & cart width, I agree though driving in the UK town centres is a bugger but I'm not sure that's a problem across the EU. UK has too many cars on the road. The idea of driving through Scotland in the highlands every year really appeals.

If running costs put folks off I wonder if they can afford to be owning in the first place.

Comment

How very ugly
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Think you were getting the yellow/gold m3? Stunning colour. Bold choice too. Have a m4 drive tuesday.

Comment

Working...
                      X